First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    Spike Lee says he won't see this film because of the racial content. comments?
    He doesn't have a sense of humor or ability to let go of something that happened years ago. Sure it's painful, but it's a touchy subject for all humans, not just black people.
    I N V I C T U S

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Add to the fact that it is a Tarantino dark comedy.
    His movies NEVER take themselves seriously enough to be taken seriously.

C'mon. I mean. C'mon.

Did World War II historians complain about the historical inaccuracies of Inglourious Basterds?

If they did, they can sit on some eggs as well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Tarantino is figuratively dark, and he GETS people, which Spike um...isn't too good at. In my opinion, great movie makers can see the many facets of many cultures, various time periods, etc blah blah blah. I wanna see it as I need some dark, unsettling media right now, and of course Quentin is great.... gets the juices flowing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Just saw it and LURVED EVERY MINUTE.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Quay View Post
    Tarantino is figuratively dark, and he GETS people, which Spike um...isn't too good at. In my opinion, great movie makers can see the many facets of many cultures, various time periods, etc blah blah blah. I wanna see it as I need some dark, unsettling media right now, and of course Quentin is great.... gets the juices flowing.
    Yes. One example...in a scene Tarantino has the white man dressed in a fur coat and short-brimmed sort of a bowler hat, like a pimp (which I took it as symbolizing the character is pimping bounty hunting) and the black man wears traditional western cowboy garb.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I just saw this film, and although it was deeply disturbing, it brought to light the injustice ever present in our world.

Black people are also 'people', just like any person of another race is.

The pain we inflict upon one another is what metaphorical monkeys do.

We must not put one another in bondage, but rather we must work together to improve the human condition.

By eliminating the unnecessary evils seen in this movie, we can take many more steps forward in the quest for peace and perfection.

Ginkgo

Loved it. Despite it running for 3 hours, I can't think of any scene that should have been cut out in retrospect.

Though Tarantino typically jars you with ultra-contemporary themes, (with this movie as well), the plot was ultimately just as classic as the German fairy tale mentioned halfway through the movie.

Cool stuff.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It was uncomfortable to watch, but I liked it.
    -end of thread-

It was a great movie, I really enjoyed it. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Loved it. Despite it running for 3 hours, I can't think of any scene that should have been cut out in retrospect.
    The Jonah Hill scene should never have been filmed.