• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Pacific Rim" trailer...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Man, this movie is gonna be bad-ass. It's gonna make Optimus Prime and company look like toys...um...well...you know what I mean...um...just watch the trailer.

midnight rambler

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Too me the movie could be eithe really good or really cheesy. I probably check it out when it comes to theaters though.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
There was a screening two or three weeks back and the reviews were overwhelmingly enthusiastic.
What else comes out this summer? Iron Man 3? *makes jerk-off motion*

I'm there opening night for this one.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was a screening two or three weeks back and the reviews were overwhelmingly enthusiastic.
What else comes out this summer? Iron Man 3? *makes jerk-off motion*

I'm there opening night for this one.

I don't know what I'm more excited to see this summer, this movie or Fast & Furious 6. As far as I'm concerned, after how much fun Fast Five was, they've earned the right to be as over-the-top with those movies as they want. Because it's gonna be fun either way.

I absolutely hate the Iron Man 3 trailer...way too serious, and no Black Sabbath.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you mean, "HOLY FUCK!!! THAT ROBOT BASHED A MONSTER'S HEAD IN WITH A BOAT 10 TIMES THE SIZE OF OPTIMUS FUCKING PRIME!!!"

Wondercon trailer:

I might just take the day off work opening day.

And the ugliest monster in this movie? Ron Perlman.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Saw the trailer yesterday. First trailer was underwhelming--this pushes PR to MUST SEE status.
Midnight release. IMAX 3D. Large soda; large popcorn.

Rock it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm about to leave for Pacific Rim.
Wish me luck!

I feel like I did the first time I opened the box for "Rock'em Sock'em Robots!!"

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If Guillermo is better at directing action scenes involving giant robots/creatures than Michael Bay, I might go see this.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If Guillermo is better at directing action scenes involving giant robots/creatures than Michael Bay, I might go see this.

RT normally hates stuff like this, but it's been holding pretty steady at 73-75% since the reviews were released. Sounds like it's a winner, if giant rock'em robots are your cup of tea.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I've been excited to see it for a while. Like Jen said, this kind of stuff is usually panned by the critics.

The cast looks good. Big fan of Idris Elba and Charlie Day, and I think the director is pretty solid as well though I can't remember who it is at the moment.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was enjoyable. Predictable but fun. Elba was solid.

Last edited:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm gonna see at as well. In 3D, at 6:30 PST. Though I think this one was a post-conversion.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Thought it looked kinda lame til a new trailer a few weeks ago.

That actually made me want to see it.

8.1 on IMDB?

No movie over an 8 is ever bad.

I suspect I will be seeing this in the not-so-distant future.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This both made Transformers look like Power Rangers and it was also perhaps what Transformers would've been if Ang Lee directed it.

Ron Perlman (who is uglier than any alien monster conjured up in the film) was hilarious, and the vfx were absolutely mindblowing; it's gonna be hard for any other movie to top them this year. My biggest complaint: Is it too much to ask to have a major Jaeger-Kaiju brawl in broad daylight? Yeah, the night shots give off pretty colors, but it seems like a wasted opportunity to not let these expensive vfx setpieces (at least 1700 shots) truly shine without any obscurity. AND THE SHAKY CAM NEEDS TO BE BANNED FROM ALL MOVIES!!!!

Second biggest complaint: It started off a bit too slow.

Oh, and the 3D was indeed a post job...and it was even better than Life of Pi.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So Guillermo understands that in a movie that people go to see because they want to see giants fighting, it's important to be able see the giants fighting? Cool.

Also, is there less dopey twilight for boys wish fulfillment in this? That was the other big problem with Transformers.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
We're going to see this next week while the kids are away. If it's really good we'll see it again with them. I'm super excited about it. I'm a pretty big fan of giant robots that aren't Transformers.