User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    As a true Star Trek fan I believe that Kligon dialogues shouldn't be translated to English. If you want to watch the movies you have to learn the language. As simple as that.
    I'm all for that. For the uneducated every Klingon action would be up to interpretation and deeper discussion. Is the Klingon smashing open that skull out of hate or love? Are the Klingon fleet bombarding the civilian population centres on that densely populated planet out of mockery or respect? Is the Klingon brutally raping a woman showing his sexual dominance or merely attempting to fulfill his dream of becoming the progenitor of a half-Klingon diaspora? It would make for some truly fascinating debates.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Yes. Bring on the Klingons. Almost 99.9% certain they will show up in some form.

And if they DO go with the Gary Mitchell character, I'll be incredibly happy. "Where No Man Has Gone Before" was the first full episode I've ever seen of Star Trek and remains to this day, one of my favorites. Back when they were discussing the reboot, I really did believe they should have started here. Truly, the episode was one of the most cinematic of the entire run.

Benedict is a hell of an actor, to boot. Looking forward to the trailer next week.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'll probably go see it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Yes. Bring on the Klingons. Almost 99.9% certain they will show up in some form.

And if they DO go with the Gary Mitchell character, I'll be incredibly happy. "Where No Man Has Gone Before" was the first full episode I've ever seen of Star Trek and remains to this day, one of my favorites. Back when they were discussing the reboot, I really did believe they should have started here. Truly, the episode was one of the most cinematic of the entire run.

Benedict is a hell of an actor, to boot. Looking forward to the trailer next week.
    I hope the Klingons look like Klingons if they do show up, because the Romulans didn't look like Romulans in the first (eleventh) film.

I watched the trailer, I'm disappointed.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    haven't seen it. They're releasing one before The Hobbit.

I first read all the novelizations of the TOS when I was in middle/high school, and that episode/story was one of the few that really still sticks in my head decades later, even if I don't remember all the details. I'd definitely toss it on a top ten list of TOS episodes.

I never really knew the chronology of the pilot(s). The original "The Cage" pilot didn't really run because of the studio, so the Mitchell episode became the new pilot. I'd like to see the full-length uncut print of it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

No trailer yet?
    I gotta fix that.

Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...173527530.html

I can't see the teaser that Beorn posted until I get home, but the article describes the newest trailer content, I believe. So it's of a spoiler level of a trailer that you might run into if you see The Hobbit.

Possible that Abrams will further muck with the timeline and fold Kahn and Mitchell into the same persona... We might also be seeing an ending with some kind of major cast tragedy, such as the one that occurred at the end of ST2.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I never really knew the chronology of the pilot(s). The original "The Cage" pilot didn't really run because of the studio, so the Mitchell episode became the new pilot. I'd like to see the full-length uncut print of it.
    I believe Wikipedia has the air dates listed in order...but don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I hope the Klingons look like Klingons if they do show up, because the Romulans didn't look like Romulans in the first (eleventh) film.

The crew of the Narada altered their appearance in tribute to the death of Romulus. Explained in the prequel graphic novel, I believe. Don't quote me, either.

As for the trailer: It looks impressively large in scale and the antagonist appears truly menacing.
    Nonetheless: Hasn't the theme of "revenge" been driven into the ground?

BTW, here is the extended Japanese trailer...

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Drumroll!

Benedict Cumberbatch is...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59945

TOS Crewman John Harrison.

Lol. That'll put asses in the seats for sure...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Drumroll!

Benedict Cumberbatch is...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59945

TOS Crewman John Harrison.

Lol. That'll put asses in the seats for sure...
    Yeah, I found this with Cumberbatch over here:
    http://omg.yahoo.com/news/benedict-c...212619493.html