• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Crysis 3"...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bring this up because of the constant bombardment of ads for the game on my Facebook account.

I don't know about you, but why am I not excited about this game? I think Crytek fucked the franchise up with Crysis 2 by simplifying it for the consoles. (Fucking cash cows!!!) Not that I'm trying to seem like an arrogant PC gaming snob (although I am), but Crysis 2 seemed comparatively arcadey compared to the original Crysis, which was a technological and artistic masterpiece. and then there was the expansion pack, which was the same technological and artistic masterpiece (albeit a bit shorter) with all the quirks worked out, then there was Crysis 2. It looked good, had some real "WOW!" moments, but dammit, it was a typical first-person shooter for the average poor console gamer.

And now...there's Crysis 3, which I'm skeptical about. Could this be a manifestation of my trilogy theory? Where the first (including the expansion) is the best, second disappoints due to high expectations, and the third surprises due to the low expectations set upon by the second? Or will this be a Back to the Future trilogy scenario, where they just get progressively "worse?"

What are your thoughts?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Consoles, whoever decided that they were a good idea should be shot. So many developpers focusing on consoles and making super linear games with seriously bad PC ports. :p

I think I played Crysis 2 for about 40 minutes. I might check out some vids for 3, but I'm not expecting much.

Currently playing Farcry 3, although the multiplayer is still a bit shaky, the single player feels fun enough so far. It has a pretty good PC port.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Consoles, whoever decided that they were a good idea should be shot. So many developpers focusing on consoles and making super linear games with seriously bad PC ports. :p

I think I played Crysis 2 for about 40 minutes. I might check out some vids for 3, but I'm not expecting much.

Currently playing Farcry 3, although the multiplayer is still a bit shaky, the single player feels fun enough so far. It has a pretty good PC port.

Bought Far Cry 3 today. And (surprise, surprise!) I only really liked the original one by Crytek for the PC (the console version, which is an entirely different game, was, of course, an arcade game). I found Far Cry 2 tedious, and the fact they ditched the campy science fiction angle in the first game made it a whole lot less charming.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Bought Far Cry 3 today. Haven't played it yet, though I've played the others. And (surprise, surprise!) I only really liked the original one by Crytek for the PC (the console version, which is an entirely different game, was, of course, an arcade game). I found Far Cry 2 tedious, and the fact they ditched the campy science fiction angle in the first game made it a whole lot less charming.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The science fiction aspect is definately back. My only concern about farcry 3 is that I am now on the 'second half' of the game. And without throwing any spoilers, I have a feeling it's not gonna be as good as the first part.

I feel like they're making the same mistake that the Deathnote Anime made. But maybe that is already saying too much. :p

But I'll cross my fingers. I haven't finished it yet.

W

WALMART

I've played both. Far Cry 1 was definitely the better game, though I don't think Far Cry 2 was any worse through fault of their own. I just found the setting bland. I think they tried to do an open world FPS at unprecedented levels, and it really didn't work.

I'll buy it, probably right around Christmas. I've heard things like 'Skyrim with guns'. Y'all let me know how it plays :D

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Never played it. A friend of mine told me it was a good series, but I'm really not interested.
I will give it a swirl if I have some extra cash in my pocket and I find it in the bargain bin.