• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

AMC's Mad Men

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I recently watched my first episode of Mad Men, and loved it!! I can't believe I haven't watched it until now! Is anyone else mad for Mad Men??

I have such a girl crush on Christina Hendricks, and Jon Hamm isn't too bad on the eyes either. ;)

christina_hendricks.jpeg
138.jpg

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I absolutely loved the first three seasons, but got bored somewhere in the fourth. Maybe I'll pick it up again sometime when I have too much time.

There's a blog that I really enjoyed that talks about some of the symbolism and style in the show each episode, if you're interested: http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/tag/mad-men

E

Epiphany

I'm up to season 5. Joan is sexy, but Trudy Campbell is the hottest Mad Woman.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a blog that I really enjoyed that talks about some of the symbolism and style in the show each episode, if you're interested: http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/tag/mad-men

yes, i love this blog so much!

and this show. but joan is one of my least favorite characters tbh, i understand that she's hot and has big boobs or whatever but her character is such a bitch that i find it hard to have any sympathy for her.

i hate don too. but have a weird love for betty. :shrug: i was upset that they're slowly phasing her character out.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Love the '50s architecture and furniture in this show. I think it's great the characters portrayed dress well (no I'm not gay lol) during work especially.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
This show is just so sexy to me, and I am always super horny after watching it, so obviously my husband has no complaints. :alttongue:

I have only watched season 1 and 2, and some of season 5. I am just starting S3, but so far I think Don is all in all a good guy. I know he cheated on Betty (the ice queen), but since I've only seen a few seasons, I'm not sure if he his behavior gets worse. So far, the only character that I can't tolerate is Pete Campbell. I don't love that Peggy isn't raising her son, but again, not sure what she does after S2, so maybe she redeems herself.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
So I'm finally caught up and watching S6. Anyone else watching?

PS- Pete still sucks, and his hair is horrible!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
OMG LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE WAS AWESOME!!!!!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
OMG LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE WAS AWESOME!!!!!
Was Pete hit by a bus? :happy2:

I am going upstairs to watch it now. I really wish Don would behave! I also have a new fondness for Betty since she's boarded the crazy train, so I'm hoping she's around more in upcoming episodes. I still love Joan. :wub:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I hope you liked it. Joan wasn't really in this one (which is too bad- she's wonderful), only a little Betty (but very bitchy Betty), no bus for Pete (but he's only in it for a minute), and Don doesn't behave at all (but at least he doesn't screw anybody).

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I love the weird ones. Roger's acid trip was another favorite of mine.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You can't tell me Ken Cosgrove, Accounts's tapdance wasn't funny.

93JC

Taken on its own it might have been funny but in the context of all the other crap going on around the office (Stan vs. Jim Cutler races around the office, etc.) it was just plain old weird to me.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That's the kind of thing that happens when you bring in the meth doctor to give everybody a little boost.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was disappointed we didn't see what happened to Roger. I hope his heart's okay after all that meth.

E

Epiphany

Ken Cosgrove - super sleuth.

Harry Crane and Pete Campbell also make cameo appearances in this game. And the offensive comedian, Jimmy Barrett (Patrick Fischler) plays Mickey Cohen.

Pete Campbell

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm sure Roger is fine. I don't mind him, he's pretty harmless. He stays friendly with his exes, so that's good.

Those "B shots" (AKA, Dr. Feelgood) were really popular in the 60's/70's. I thought it was pretty hilarious. Sexist of course that only the men got to have a little fun, but that's to be expected.

Betty Jr did alright. At least she tried to call the cops. I knew Betty was going to LOVE rubbing Don's face in that! I find Megan very annoying. I really like Henry though. He's probably the only dude that can put up with Betty and her zaniness.

One complaint I have is that the previews for the following week always suck!

Here is a clip from a recent Katie Couric Show that features the cast. I thought the women acted as though they didn't really care for one another. Maybe they were just nervous? The men seem alright though (they're featured after the women in clip 2). Elizabeth Moss cracks me up!! Katie giggles like a school girl when she's talking to Jon Hamm. Must be his pants. :alttongue: