• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

AMC's Mad Men

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
God, what will I do when this show ends!! In between S5 and 6, I was watching 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Sunday night was great! Megan is a goner. I loved it when Betty told Don, "That poor girl. She doesn't know that loving you is the worst way to get to you." I'm liking Betty more and more, but not as much as I love Joan!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recently watched my first episode of Mad Men, and loved it!! I can't believe I haven't watched it until now! Is anyone else mad for Mad Men??

I have such a girl crush on Christina Hendricks, and Jon Hamm isn't too bad on the eyes either. ;)

christina_hendricks.jpeg
138.jpg

both delicious...yes

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
I watched up to the 5th season. I could watch the rest of em on Netflix... but why? Bunch of boohooing.. woe is me.. Why should I care about some douchebag and his pussy problems? Show's nothin' but a bunch of high-spun mundane bullshit. Fancy hats and colorful dresses, ooh, must be important or something. Look at their serious faces. These people are fuckin confident.

^Mad Men.

Ingrid in grids

Necroing this thread because Mad Men is in its final episodes and there doesn't seem to be any discussion going on. Is anyone watching?

93JC

Necroing this thread because Mad Men is in its final episodes and there doesn't seem to be any discussion going on. Is anyone watching?

:hi:

It's the only TV show I watch, at the moment.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That's really interesting. I hope she does get a TV writing job out of it.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Besides that, any predictions for how it'll all end? I loved the penultimate episode so much. I usually hate Pete but I was happy to see him and Trudy work it out and agree to start a new life in the midwest.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I need a good resolution for Peggy, even more than I need one for Don.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I erroneously thought the episode before last was the end. I interpreted it as Weiner being enigmatic and I was reasonably happy with it. Joan has some future with a Californian silver fox, Don goes off into the distance along with the force ghost of Cooper, Campbell is in his element with bright futures, Sterling plays an organ while Peggy drunkenly roller skates among the ruins of SC&D. But it went on...

It seems that every time Don takes to the open road violent shit goes down. On a level I don't care what happens to him other than curiosity, I can't feel any resolution for his life story beyond disappearing, however he does it.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
And Sally! I want to know what happens to Sally. I hope she gets her dad's kizzity-cash somehow and lives a fabulous life.

Ingrid in grids

I need a good resolution for Peggy, even more than I need one for Don.

I thought this scene was a somewhat satisfying resolution for Peggy.

Although I would still have loved to have seen what happens to Peggy some 10 years on after the move to McCann. There is still time!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes! That's what I mean. I want to see a flash-forward of how far she can go. And a bonus would be a flash forward of old Peggy in her caftans.

Ingrid in grids

I want to see Sally and her rebellious Gen X/millennial offspring too! But I don't think flash-forwards are Mad Men's thing.

:(

93JC

Whisky Tango Foxtrot.

I really don't know what to make of that ending. In a way it's a cliffhanger, but in a way it... only seems appropriate.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I actually loved it.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Also: