User Tag List

First 123

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yeah, Red Alert was one of the few ones I was half decent at. I had a pretty good tech rush to tanks and would even pull off a rifle rush against slower players just to be sarcastic.

Teching in that game isn't as hard though because most stuff isn't used so you don't have to build most of it, it's just getting to tanks first and spamming with maybe some harvester destruction on the side to keep them behind on econ.
    Pwn4g3
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Pwn4g3
    Haha that's pretty awesome. I love how they're circling like vultures.

Haha that's pretty awesome. I love how they're circling like vultures.
    Inorite. Unsuspicious & merciless.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Talking of micro I remember the company of heroes beta and the abuse of tank micromanagement which ensured a 300 req cheapo american tank could beat any german tank, (including the 1000 costing tiger tank), by circle strafing it with clicks because their turrets were either fixed or couldnt turn fast enough.

Suffice to say, much hatred was had.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

That's why I like to play medic or pyro in TF2. A good medic can make a good team into a juggernaut. Even though the medic means that one person doesn't fight as effectively, it can make other people on the team many times more effective which makes up for that.

The pyro on the other hand is counter to that. As a pyro my main goal is to mess up the medics ubercharge most of the time. You can't kill the invulnerable opponent but they are still effected by the air blasts and you can knock them out of range of the charge and then harass the medic and cause confusion.

same here. i usually bait other players into my team mates, often the fun part. i enjoy tweaking stats so im able to put out some decent burst but mainly be a support.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I prefer single player mostly because I love deep strategy games. Multiplayer I only like for FPS and even then cheating/spawn killing and buying your way into the best gear/leagues is so rampant it drove me away from it.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP

I prefer single-player; I like to explore and experiment at my own pace, and hate the feeling that I'm holding others back during co-op play. Battle royale can be fun, but I generally suck at such games.

I'm also extremely irritated by the recent emphasis on co-op play in the Resident Evil series....even with the computer, the second player just gets in the way, upsets the pace in which I wish to play, and hogs all of the equipment. It cuts my enjoyment roughly in half, and frustrates me that I'll apparently never be able to play a game like Resident Evil IV again.....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I like co-op PvE multiplayer, but I can't stand competitive multiplayer. I hate how I get in competitive situations, and I don't like to lose. Singleplayer games definitely have their place, but the human element of multiplayer means that games which feature multiplayer gameplay generally stay interesting to me for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I like co-op PvE multiplayer, but I can't stand competitive multiplayer. I hate how I get in competitive situations, and I don't like to lose. Singleplayer games definitely have their place, but the human element of multiplayer means that games which feature multiplayer gameplay generally stay interesting to me for longer.
    This is similar to myself, although it becomes worse the better I become at a game. The trappings of ego I suppose.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Are there functions that can be attributed to success at games? Or is it just a series of mindsets?

Im only good at a game when I shut off or at least dampen my emotions and let some....other part take over. The part that comes up with ideas and works things out quickly. I love that part.

- A.A. Milne.