• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Single vs Multiplayer games?

Permabanned
Yeah, Red Alert was one of the few ones I was half decent at. I had a pretty good tech rush to tanks and would even pull off a rifle rush against slower players just to be sarcastic.

Teching in that game isn't as hard though because most stuff isn't used so you don't have to build most of it, it's just getting to tanks first and spamming with maybe some harvester destruction on the side to keep them behind on econ.

Pwn4g3

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Talking of micro I remember the company of heroes beta and the abuse of tank micromanagement which ensured a 300 req cheapo american tank could beat any german tank, (including the 1000 costing tiger tank), by circle strafing it with clicks because their turrets were either fixed or couldnt turn fast enough.

Suffice to say, much hatred was had.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
That's why I like to play medic or pyro in TF2. A good medic can make a good team into a juggernaut. Even though the medic means that one person doesn't fight as effectively, it can make other people on the team many times more effective which makes up for that.

The pyro on the other hand is counter to that. As a pyro my main goal is to mess up the medics ubercharge most of the time. You can't kill the invulnerable opponent but they are still effected by the air blasts and you can knock them out of range of the charge and then harass the medic and cause confusion.

same here. i usually bait other players into my team mates, often the fun part. i enjoy tweaking stats so im able to put out some decent burst but mainly be a support.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I prefer single player mostly because I love deep strategy games. Multiplayer I only like for FPS and even then cheating/spawn killing and buying your way into the best gear/leagues is so rampant it drove me away from it.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
I prefer single-player; I like to explore and experiment at my own pace, and hate the feeling that I'm holding others back during co-op play. Battle royale can be fun, but I generally suck at such games.

I'm also extremely irritated by the recent emphasis on co-op play in the Resident Evil series....even with the computer, the second player just gets in the way, upsets the pace in which I wish to play, and hogs all of the equipment. It cuts my enjoyment roughly in half, and frustrates me that I'll apparently never be able to play a game like Resident Evil IV again.....

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like co-op PvE multiplayer, but I can't stand competitive multiplayer. I hate how I get in competitive situations, and I don't like to lose. Singleplayer games definitely have their place, but the human element of multiplayer means that games which feature multiplayer gameplay generally stay interesting to me for longer.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I like co-op PvE multiplayer, but I can't stand competitive multiplayer. I hate how I get in competitive situations, and I don't like to lose. Singleplayer games definitely have their place, but the human element of multiplayer means that games which feature multiplayer gameplay generally stay interesting to me for longer.

This is similar to myself, although it becomes worse the better I become at a game. The trappings of ego I suppose.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Are there functions that can be attributed to success at games? Or is it just a series of mindsets?

Im only good at a game when I shut off or at least dampen my emotions and let some....other part take over. The part that comes up with ideas and works things out quickly. I love that part.