First 23456 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    It's not an actual time. It's really just like late at night/early in the morning. The two times I've normally heard it are right before either a cool guy story or everyone starts groaning and complaining.
    Thanks.

The biggest conundrum of this movie for me was figuring out what the title referred to.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    While this is true, it's difficult to make that argument when people who were there already wrote books about it and they just had that other big SEAL movie.
    I know! The Navy really needs to put a stop to this. I feel bad for even wanting to see the movie.
    I guess it's gonna take for some of them to get killed before they do anything.

It will probably be a good movie but the title is kind of annoying. I've heard "O Dark Thirty" multiple times but I've never heard someone say "Zero Dark Thirty" unless they were talking about this movie.

Unless this is some Navy thing, I'd say it's a research fail on par with calling every special operations unit SF, which they hopefully don't do in this movie.
    Yikes!

When I saw you say "O Dark Thirty" (which I have never seen before) I read it as the letter "O" then Dark Thirty. That might be why they called the movie Zero Dark Thirty. Of course, we'll probably hear all about why they called it that during the fury of media press it gets soon.

MBTI
    ISTx

@Jennifer
    "Zero Dark Thirty (or 15, 20, etc)" is a way of saying midnight and whatever the minutes are in military time. In military time, midnight is written "0000" (which I'm sure you're aware). So yeah, "zero dark thirty" is 12:30am.

edit: Never mind. I had heard it used before to tell midnight, but apparently it's just slang for "late" like Metamorphosis mentioned.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    @Jennifer
    "Zero Dark Thirty (or 15, 20, etc)" is a way of saying midnight and whatever the minutes are in military time. In military time, midnight is written "0000" (which I'm sure you're aware). So yeah, "zero dark thirty" is 12:30am.
    Colloquially however, the term is much more analogous to a saying like "the butt crack of dawn" or something similar.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Colloquially however, the term is much more analogous to a saying like "the butt crack of dawn" or something similar.
    Yeah, check my edit

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

So this movie is about sticking their head up Osama's buttcrack?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Seems like this should be here.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Unless you're in LA or NY, you won't be able to see it until January 11th.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I suspect they just wanted it out SOMEWHERE by year's end so it could be an award contender.