User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 40 of 40

  1. #31
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Damn, I never realised before seeing those puppies how much DV's helmet looks like the head of a penis. CANNOT UNSEE.
    Yeah, but what doesn't look like the head of a penis?


  2. #32
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I am never able to see them no matter how hard I try (although I can see other 3D things perfectly fine). D: Can you explain it to me in a way that you haven't heard before?
    Probably not. The crossing your eyes part is right, but what you're doing is trying with your eyes to get the whole picture and mix its parts around like you're shuffling cards on a table. Then move back to see the big picture. Don't even really look at the picture, because you're looking inside of it not at it. That's the best advice I can give.

  3. #33
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    That could also be Velma from Scooby doo- I'm just sayin

  4. #34
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    There was a site with practice dots to help you learn how to do it but I haven't been able to find it again.

    One way to practice it though and actually see your progress is to make two dots just a bit apart on paper (like maybe 1 or 2 inches apart) and try to unfocus your eyes while looking at them. You'll see phantom dots appear and kind of float towards the center point between them - the goal of the practice is to overlap the phantom dots so that there appears to be three dots, the two you made and one false dot in between them.

    When you do it this way you can see your progress (or lack of) as the dots slowly move closer to the middle or further away depending on how close you are to doing it right.
    Are you talking about this image?


    I actual have no problem seeing the supposed image here, unless I am seeing it inverted. (However, it's supposed to be Saturn and it just looks like a big circle with some lumps around it.) Is Saturn supposed to be to popping out or should it make a sort of depression?

    It seems as though I wouldn't have so much trouble seeing magic eye pictures if someone would place these squares above all of them. I can't just place two squares wherever I choose because then they wouldn't line up properly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I just open my eyes wide (not necessarily 100% open, but wider than normal) and stare at the picture, without blinking. Forcing myself to not blink seems to be the key, at least for me.

    After about 10 seconds or so, the picture gets weird. Kind of a mixture where most of it is blurry, but some lines are clear and sharper. At that point, I sort of look around trying to outline the lines that pop out in a 3-D sort of way. Usually once I figure out the main picture, the rest of it is easy to see.

    Usually adjusting my distance from the picture (while not blinking) helps as well. On my computer monitor, 2-3 feet away works for me. That may vary for you, though.

    Here's one more clue that might help you: The primary pic is the Pink Panther, and he's in the middle. There are other things as well, but I won't spoil it.
    I know you're trying to help, but the thought of you staring bug-eyed, without blinking at your screen for a minute cracks me up.

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Probably not. The crossing your eyes part is right, but what you're doing is trying with your eyes to get the whole picture and mix its parts around like you're shuffling cards on a table. Then move back to see the big picture. Don't even really look at the picture, because you're looking inside of it not at it. That's the best advice I can give.
    Yeah, it's actually very similar to viewing cross eye photos, which I am able to see. I prefer them to the red-blue 3D images.

    Here's a snowy one.

  5. #35
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Are you talking about this image?


    I actual have no problem seeing the supposed image here, unless I am seeing it inverted. (However, it's supposed to be Saturn and it just looks like a big circle with some lumps around it.) Is Saturn supposed to be to popping out or should it make a sort of depression?
    Yeah. On that one it pops out with a 3D ring like in a normal picture of Saturn (except its as if you were looking at the ring in 3D from edge on rather than a flat photo)

    It pops out pretty well but not as much as some of the more impressive ones.

    Edit:
    Also some times it helps to get really close just to find the right focus and then when you find the image, move slowly back while keeping it in focus to increase the sharpness of it.

  6. #36
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yeah. On that one it pops out with a 3D ring like in a normal picture of Saturn (except its as if you were looking at the ring in 3D from edge on rather than a flat photo)

    It pops out pretty well but not as much as some of the more impressive ones.

    Edit:
    Also some times it helps to get really close just to find the right focus and then when you find the image, move slowly back while keeping it in focus to increase the sharpness of it.
    So I am seeing it inverted then. It's strange because it's very clear.

  7. #37
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    So I am seeing it inverted then. It's strange because it's very clear.
    Might have something to do with the fact that it's so colorful and a bit jarring. They have tricky effects on me when they're like that.

  8. #38
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    I'll bet this whole Magic Eye thing is just a huge conspiracy.




  9. #39
    Senior Member JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Yeah, it's actually very similar to viewing cross eye photos, which I am able to see. I prefer them to the red-blue 3D images.
    Maybe that's your problem. By trying to look into the magic-eye pictures you're actually doing the opposite of looking cross-eyed at them. Looking cross-eyed at something brings your point of focus in more than it should be, rather than further out (as these require).

  10. #40
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Maybe that's your problem. By trying to look into the magic-eye pictures you're actually doing the opposite of looking cross-eyed at them. Looking cross-eyed at something brings your point of focus in more than it should be, rather than further out (as these require).
    Oh really? I didn't realize it would have a different effect. After a quick Google search, apparently the Magic Eye picture viewing method is referred to as the parallel method.

    I guess it's this parallel technique that I suck at.

Similar Threads

  1. Why do some people on this forum seem to dislike MBTI?
    By sofmarhof in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 11-19-2015, 08:43 PM
  2. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 11:10 PM
  3. Can some people really see through solid surfaces?
    By Oaky in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 11:41 PM
  4. Help me type some people?
    By Colors in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 02:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO