User Tag List

12 Last

WALMART

Default Grand Theft Auto V

Wow.

Rockstar has reported this game to be larger than Red Dead Redemption, GTA: San Andreas and GTA IV combined. I think this will be the title we were waiting for since GTAIII.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Rockstar has reported this game to be larger than Red Dead Redemption, GTA: San Andreas and GTA IV combined. I think this will be the title we were waiting for since GTAIII.
    I'll bet that the majority of the world map is the forest area.

And I hope you're right, because I was very disappointed in GTA IV. The problem with GTA IV was not that the game looked too realistic, but the driving physics were too realistic, making the game more frustrating than anything.

We'll have to see, but after San Andreas, I've since preferred the Saints Row series as a whole.

I'm also disappointed that out of the three characters you will play as, not one is a woman...that would be a breath of fresh air.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I saw this earlier today. Gonna have to pick this up for the multiplayer alone.
    And if the environment really is as large as Rockstar claims...Holy shit.

Addendum: Super lol at the train collision. How do they come up with this stuff?

MBTI
    ISTx

I guess I'll need to get an Xbox now.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Will buy.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I'll bet that the majority of the world map is the forest area.

And I hope you're right, because I was very disappointed in GTA IV. The problem with GTA IV was not that the game looked too realistic, but the driving physics were too realistic, making the game more frustrating than anything.

We'll have to see, but after San Andreas, I've since preferred the Saints Row series as a whole.

I'm also disappointed that out of the three characters you will play as, not one is a woman...that would be a breath of fresh air.

I see you are getting into the Christmas spirit. Awesome.

But yeah, like San Andreas, mostly forest area. But I won't mind, as long as there are things to do out there, which I'm sure there will be. I didn't care much for the driving physics either, but once you got a hold of them they were okay. You're right though, it was hard to do those 'awesome' things you could do in the GTAIII series or Saint's Row.

I just saw a study a few days ago about female videogame leads... it showed something like if the female wasn't overexposed and 'sexy' gamers were proportionately disinclined to want to play as her. I wonder if Rockstar didn't want to go that route? Me and my female gamer friend have discussed under-representation of females in the GTA series. Maybe VI.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I see you are getting into the Christmas spirit. Awesome.

But yeah, like San Andreas, mostly forest area. But I won't mind, as long as there are things to do out there, which I'm sure there will be. I didn't care much for the driving physics either, but once you got a hold of them they were okay. You're right though, it was hard to do those 'awesome' things you could do in the GTAIII series or Saint's Row.

I just saw a study a few days ago about female videogame leads... it showed something like if the female wasn't overexposed and 'sexy' gamers were proportionately disinclined to want to play as her. I wonder if Rockstar didn't want to go that route? Me and my female gamer friend have discussed under-representation of females in the GTA series. Maybe VI.
    Yeah, I saw the preorder box at Best Buy, which showed an image of a woman getting arrested by a lady cop...I was starting to get my hopes up. What R* could've done is have the lead character be a sexy ex-CIA agent or something -- that is, if they still wanted to go the ultra-realistic route. But even so, why not have a female leader of organized crime? But yeah, I think adding a female character (especially in a game that allows you to play as THREE OF THEM) would no doubt increase the gaming demographic.

And if the world map is supposed to be bigger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and GTA IV combined, why not just put the whole state of San Andreas back in again?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    And if the world map is supposed to be bigger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and GTA IV combined, why not just put the whole state of San Andreas back in again?
    Maybe they are keeping it under wraps.
    Something tells me GTA V will have plenty of surprises.

I hope they return to the cartoonish ultraviolence that made Vice City such a kick.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Played practically all the rest of the GTA's in the series. This will be a masterpiece. I'm definitely going to buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    I saw this earlier today. Gonna have to pick this up for the multiplayer alone.
    And if the environment really is as large as Rockstar claims...Holy shit.
    I been playing just the multiplayer on GTAIV during spring of this year and took over the city - literally! If the environment, according to Rockstar, is really as vast as it claims, I'm really in for this. I can't wait!

Guy on the left looks like Jack Nicholson.