User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 70

  1. #1
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default Gamers: What video games do you consider practically unbeatable?

    Here's my list:

    Yu-Gi-Oh: Forbidden Memories (PS1)

    Beast Wars (PS1)

    Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)

  2. #2
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    I couldn't even get two hours in to Final Fantasy Tactics.

    I also found the "hard" (PS1) version of Final Fantasy IV to be extremely difficult. It got to the point where I was stuck in a dungeon with almost no items and random battles were killing me. But at least I got maybe ten or twenty hours into that one, as opposed to getting so hopelessly stuck, so early, in FFT.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  3. #3
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I couldn't even get two hours in to Final Fantasy Tactics.

    I also found the "hard" (PS1) version of Final Fantasy IV to be extremely difficult. It got to the point where I was stuck in a dungeon with almost no items and random battles were killing me. But at least I got maybe ten or twenty hours into that one, as opposed to getting so hopelessly stuck, so early, in FFT.
    Interesting. I haven't played those games. I've only played FF 10 and FF 7

  4. #4
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Interesting. I haven't played those games. I've only played FF 10 and FF 7
    Oh man! You're missing out! Back in my video gaming glory days (i.e. 1998-2005), I played all the Final Fantasies except 1 and 2. Love that stuff. 7, 9, and 10 are my favorites, and 5, Tactics, and Tactics Advance, are my least favorites.

    (So I guess you're only really missing out on FF 9, which is one of my all-time favorite video games, period -- mostly for the story, the characters, and the "world", more so than the gameplay.)

    FF 4 was only out for NES (or SNES?) as the "Easy" version in the US -- and they released the "Hard" version way later, packaged up with Chrono Trigger in a PS1 box set. I loved Chrono Trigger and wore that game out, but FF 4 was too hard for me. I could have gotten farther into it, but it would have required a lot of training, just wandering around and fighting random battles for hours in an attempt to level up, buying items as needed. (I'm sure there's an RPG term for that, but I don't know what it is.) I don't find that fun, so I gave up halfway in.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  5. #5
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Oh man! You're missing out!

    Back in my video gaming glory days (i.e. 1998-2005), I played all the Final Fantasies except 1 and 2. Love that stuff. 9 and 10 are my favorites, and 5, Tactics, and Tactics Advance, are my least favorites.

    FFIV was only out for NES (or SNES?) as the "Easy" version in the US -- and they released the "Hard" version way later, packaged up with Chrono Trigger in a PS1 box set. I loved Chrono Trigger and wore that game out, but FFIV was too hard for me. I could have gotten farther into it, but it would have required a lot of training, just wandering around and fighting random battles for hours in an attempt to level up, buying items as needed. (I'm sure there's an RPG term for that, but I don't know what it is.) I don't find that fun, so I gave up halfway in.
    Yeah, I'd still game if I had the money: the damn games cost so much now! I got out of the gaming field in 2007, when I became an adult.

  6. #6
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yeah, I'd still game if I had the money: the damn games cost so much now! I got out of the gaming field in 2007, when I became an adult.
    Became an adult, as in, turned 18?

    I quit earlier than that because I stopped having time for gaming. (AP classes...) After that, I would have gotten back into it, but because of the money, like you were saying, it wasn't worth it to me. I don't want to pay $60 a game and $600 for a system! I'd rather just re-play the favorites that I already have, or play games socially when I'm visiting friends.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  7. #7
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    age of empires 2; mortal kombats 2/3/ultimate/trilogy/4; a pc version of the board game Risk

    oh, also warcraft 2.

    /hipster
    Last edited by Rasofy; 11-10-2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: meh

  8. #8
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Became an adult, as in, turned 18?

    I quit earlier than that because I stopped having time for gaming. (AP classes...) After that, I would have gotten back into it, but because of the money, like you were saying, it wasn't worth it to me. I don't want to pay $60 a game and $600 for a system! I'd rather just re-play the favorites that I already have, or play games socially when I'm visiting friends.
    Yes, when I turned 18 I stopped. I could no longer work, and go to school and still continue to game. Plus, I can't afford the games anymore nor the systems

  9. #9
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    age of empires 2; mortal kombats 2/3/ultimate/trilogy/4; a pc version of the board game Risk

    oh, also warcraft 2.

    /hipster
    Come on, the Mortal Kombat games weren't that hard.

  10. #10
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Come on, the Mortal Kombat games weren't that hard.
    Lol, I read the thread like ''what games do you consider yourself pratically unbeatable at''.

Similar Threads

  1. [Socionics] what socionic relationship do you consider this
    By ataru in forum Socionics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2016, 09:15 PM
  2. [Socionics] What socionics relationship do you consider
    By draon9 in forum Socionics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2016, 06:34 AM
  3. Dreams scenes in video games. Do you like/hate them?
    By EcK in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 03:47 PM
  4. [MBTItm] What kind of games do you like?
    By Sinmara in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 03:08 PM
  5. What do you consider private and public?
    By proteanmix in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO