• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gamers: What video games do you consider practically unbeatable?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Here's my list:

Yu-Gi-Oh: Forbidden Memories (PS1)

Beast Wars (PS1)

Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I couldn't even get two hours in to Final Fantasy Tactics. :laugh:

I also found the "hard" (PS1) version of Final Fantasy IV to be extremely difficult. It got to the point where I was stuck in a dungeon with almost no items and random battles were killing me. :doh: But at least I got maybe ten or twenty hours into that one, as opposed to getting so hopelessly stuck, so early, in FFT.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I couldn't even get two hours in to Final Fantasy Tactics. :laugh:

I also found the "hard" (PS1) version of Final Fantasy IV to be extremely difficult. It got to the point where I was stuck in a dungeon with almost no items and random battles were killing me. :doh: But at least I got maybe ten or twenty hours into that one, as opposed to getting so hopelessly stuck, so early, in FFT.

Interesting. I haven't played those games. I've only played FF 10 and FF 7

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting. I haven't played those games. I've only played FF 10 and FF 7
Oh man! You're missing out! Back in my video gaming glory days (i.e. 1998-2005), I played all the Final Fantasies except 1 and 2. Love that stuff. 7, 9, and 10 are my favorites, and 5, Tactics, and Tactics Advance, are my least favorites.

(So I guess you're only really missing out on FF 9, which is one of my all-time favorite video games, period -- mostly for the story, the characters, and the "world", more so than the gameplay.)

FF 4 was only out for NES (or SNES?) as the "Easy" version in the US -- and they released the "Hard" version way later, packaged up with Chrono Trigger in a PS1 box set. I loved Chrono Trigger and wore that game out, but FF 4 was too hard for me. I could have gotten farther into it, but it would have required a lot of training, just wandering around and fighting random battles for hours in an attempt to level up, buying items as needed. (I'm sure there's an RPG term for that, but I don't know what it is.) I don't find that fun, so I gave up halfway in.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Oh man! You're missing out!

Back in my video gaming glory days (i.e. 1998-2005), I played all the Final Fantasies except 1 and 2. Love that stuff. 9 and 10 are my favorites, and 5, Tactics, and Tactics Advance, are my least favorites.

FFIV was only out for NES (or SNES?) as the "Easy" version in the US -- and they released the "Hard" version way later, packaged up with Chrono Trigger in a PS1 box set. I loved Chrono Trigger and wore that game out, but FFIV was too hard for me. I could have gotten farther into it, but it would have required a lot of training, just wandering around and fighting random battles for hours in an attempt to level up, buying items as needed. (I'm sure there's an RPG term for that, but I don't know what it is.) I don't find that fun, so I gave up halfway in.

Yeah, I'd still game if I had the money: the damn games cost so much now! I got out of the gaming field in 2007, when I became an adult.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I'd still game if I had the money: the damn games cost so much now! I got out of the gaming field in 2007, when I became an adult.
Became an adult, as in, turned 18?

I quit earlier than that because I stopped having time for gaming. (AP classes...) After that, I would have gotten back into it, but because of the money, like you were saying, it wasn't worth it to me. I don't want to pay $60 a game and $600 for a system! I'd rather just re-play the favorites that I already have, or play games socially when I'm visiting friends.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
age of empires 2; mortal kombats 2/3/ultimate/trilogy/4; a pc version of the board game Risk

oh, also warcraft 2.

/hipster

Last edited:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Became an adult, as in, turned 18?

I quit earlier than that because I stopped having time for gaming. (AP classes...) After that, I would have gotten back into it, but because of the money, like you were saying, it wasn't worth it to me. I don't want to pay $60 a game and $600 for a system! I'd rather just re-play the favorites that I already have, or play games socially when I'm visiting friends.

Yes, when I turned 18 I stopped. I could no longer work, and go to school and still continue to game. Plus, I can't afford the games anymore nor the systems

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Suuuuuure you did. ;)
:ninja:

OTOH, I got stuck at the 2nd cd of FF9, back in the days. FF7 and FF8 are among my all-time favorites, but I din't like FF9 enough to bother finding what I had to do... I also found the card game much worse than FF8's triple triad.

My answer would be:
The PS3 version of NFS Hot Pursuit (with all the gold medals)
The "Extreme battle'' modes of Resident Evil 2 (ps1)
Battle City, starting from level 1 (8-bit nintendo)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:D FFT was really hard.

Most scary games are in this label for me.. ._. I get too scared to finish them. Slender, even if you aren't scared, is pretty much completely unbeatable.

Ikaruga... Completely unbeatable. @_@p

Folklore I got completely stuck and lost in some part of the other portal world where you go through a huge maze of sorts... Then when I tried to play again, I could not :c

And all FPS.. mostly because I really, really suck at FPS games. The controls and the first-person view just really mess with me for some reason.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
pre 1995. quite a few. However, with sheer dedication I've managed to beat most games anyways.

One example is Dune 2. I beat it back in the day as Harkonnen, Ordos and Atreides. But I played it for funs a year or two ago and struggled a lot from level 4 and couldn't get past level 6. Perhaps I lacked the patience due to bad graphics and annoying controls. Or perhaps we've all just grown soft by games of today.

Nowadays, the only games I find unbeatable are the ones that suck so hard, it's just impossible to get through to the end.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Ah! Almost forgot. Donkey Kong Country Returns.

The temples... Dear god, the temples... :cry: