User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Owlesque View Post
    The original Ecco the Dolphin (though the PS2 one is mean as well).
    I never beat that damn game either.

MBTI
    INFP

Not unbeatable, but Starcraft 2 on brutal mode is kicking my ass atm. I'm having to watch Youtube clips and going to bed with impotent fury clawing my dreams.

your resident asshole

I'm terrible at nearly every video game in existence, yet I still play them. The first thing I do after buying a game is look online to see if there are any cheat codes.

My newest "unbeatable" game is Super Mario 3D Land (3DS). I can't beat the special worlds.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Ah! Almost forgot. Donkey Kong Country Returns.

The temples... Dear god, the temples...
    I beat the hell out of this one, but not without a hell of a lot of effort.

Then again, virtually all I ever play is platformers. They're also the only games that I'm good at. Everything else is practically unbeatable.

garbage

Except, fuck the Mega Man series. I get nowhere in any of them--though I fared well in Mega Man and Bass.

I'm about to conquer my first one, though: Mega Man 10. On Easy mode. I also managed to fight six of the robot masters without having weapons that any of them are weak to, which I'm pretty sure is actually impossible.

--

I tend to like games with a difficulty curve. If they lowball for me at first and teach me some general mechanics, then it gives me incentive to press harder when there's more of a challenge because I get the 'point.' Otherwise, I don't give a damn and it's not worth the investment.

I beat the hell out of some Super Mario Bros 2 (y'know, the hard Japanese one) back in the day because it seemed like a natural progression from the original.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Default I'm not a gamer, but I'll say this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Here's my list:

Yu-Gi-Oh: Forbidden Memories (PS1)

Beast Wars (PS1)

Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)
    It's impossible to get past even the 1st level of any game on the Atari 7800 console, let alone beat any of them.

I've had the same system since I was 3 yrs old- a bunch of games.. and as an adult, still no success.

I'm beginning to think there are no other levels aside from an unbeatable first..
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    It's impossible to get past even the 1st level of any game on the Atari 7800 console, let alone beat any of them.

I've had the same system since I was 3 yrs old- a bunch of games.. and as an adult, still no success.

I'm beginning to think there are no other levels aside from an unbeatable first..
    My dad had this console stashed in the attic. It wouldn't turn on, so your assessment is right.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Never finished the game Grand Theft Auto: San Andres even though I really enjoyed the first parts, the story and the dialog. This was because lame/exceedingly difficult flying missions later on in the game.

Flying missions in GTA: San Andres: The remote controlled mini helicopter one was insanely difficult. Maybe the mini helicopter one took the air out of my sails because I gave up the game after running into more frustrations flying difficult to steer airplane through the hoops challenge.

Don't like to even say I quit because the game was difficult. Those stages were just fucken lame. Regardless how good the story, stages like those are no fun; total buzz kill.

My theory is that producers of some games insist on mind/thumb numbing difficult levels so people will keep the game longer and not put it back into recirculation via the used game market.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Mario Cart

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Vizconde View Post
    Never finished the game Grand Theft Auto: San Andres even though I really enjoyed the first parts, the story and the dialog. This was because lame/exceedingly difficult flying missions later on in the game.

Flying missions in GTA: San Andres: The remote controlled mini helicopter one was insanely difficult. Maybe the mini helicopter one took the air out of my sails because I gave up the game after running into more frustrations flying difficult to steer airplane through the hoops challenge.

Don't like to even say I quit because the game was difficult. Those stages were just fucken lame. Regardless how good the story, stages like those are no fun; total buzz kill.
    Oh hell, the first thing I do in these games (and Saints Row, etc.) is enable cheats and go hog wild in the sandbox game world. The cheats are just so.. tempting.. and I've never been a fan of the missions

And when I try the missions, I'm not very good at them
    My theory is that producers of some games insist on mind/thumb numbing difficult levels so people will keep the game longer and not put it back into recirculation via the used game market.