User Tag List

First 23456 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

There's an arcade game called Haunted Castle. It's oddly related to Castlevania but not a "cannon" part of the series, and it was released before Castlevania 2 for the NES. It is stupidly difficult.

Speaking of arcade games, try Gradius 3 for the arcade. For SNES, it's no big deal. For the arcade, it's a bunch of bullshit.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    More so than FF7 or 9? Why?

Personal opinion :P

I couldn't relate with Zidane at all. I mostly hated his appearance. I like rough leads I guess, like Squall

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I couldn't relate with Zidane at all. I mostly hated his appearance. I like rough leads I guess, like Squall
    Yeah, the FF9 characters are SUPER weird looking. And despite the plot/world of 8 (that I wasn't as much of a fan of), I will say that Squall is one of the sexiest characters that Square has ever produced.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

WALMART

Yeah, the FF9 characters are SUPER weird looking. And despite the plot/world of 8 (that I wasn't as much of a fan of), I will say that Squall is one of the sexiest characters that Square has ever produced.

Yes. He is perfect. But how could you not like the plot? It was set in a modern world with warring factions and wizards and time dilation and alternate dimensions and sorceresses that wished to collapse all of existence! And there was a sweet love story! And there was an awesome rivalry! Conspiracy! And Zell's hotdogs!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Yes. He is perfect. But how could you not like the plot? It was set in a modern world with warring factions and wizards and time dilation and alternate dimensions and sorceresses that wished to collapse all of existence! And there was a sweet love story! And there was an awesome rivalry! Conspiracy! And Zell's hotdogs!
    I think it was the "modern world" part. It didn't really capture my imagination, being so close to real life. I liked the conspiracy, etc, but I didn't like the world enough to keep playing after the extremely irritating revelation of Who The Characters Are and Who The Sorceress Used To Be. I literally looked at the screen and went "Seriously?", then played for a few more hours, turned it off, and never played it again.

Maybe I'll give it another try later. Who knows.

The conspiracy and the warring factions etc were what I really liked about FF9, btw. The fact that the game was so political, that you could see the conspiring, planning, and upheaval from the administrative level, from the king/queen's throne, and from "on the ground".

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

WALMART

I think it was the "modern world" part. It didn't really capture my imagination, being so close to real life. I liked the conspiracy, etc, but I didn't like the world enough to keep playing after the extremely irritating revelation of Who The Characters Are and Who The Sorceress Used To Be. I literally looked at the screen and went "Seriously?", then played for a few more hours, turned it off, and never played it again.

Maybe I'll give it another try later. Who knows.

The conspiracy and the warring factions etc were what I really liked about FF9, btw. The fact that the game was so political, that you could see the conspiring, planning, and upheaval from the administrative level, from the king/queen's throne, and from "on the ground".

Ah, yeah. That part was a little campy. It has come to my attention recently that I am incredibly susceptible to glaze over such ridiculous coincidences in story, lol.

But that means at least you saw the scene where the two gardens collided! That part was awesome.

I did enjoy FF9 quite a bit. I liked Steiner as well

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The few Final Fantasy games I attempted to play all ended in fast failures due to the intense scrutiny to numerical details necessary to implement effective strategies though the little bits of storyline scenes I reached were fairly well developed but anyway those seem to me a games which requires extreme patience and calculation if you are to even begin conceiving of defeating them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

EJCC, I love you for this post. Honest to god, FF8 was basically the pretty boy FF. I mean, you had Squall, Seifer, Laguna, Irvine, Kiros...good lord. I was a Seifer girl back in the day, though, which should tell you all you need to know about how ill-informed my taste in men is lol.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    EJCC, I love you for this post. Honest to god, FF8 was basically the pretty boy FF. I mean, you had Squall, Seifer, Laguna, Irvine, Kiros...good lord. I was a Seifer girl back in the day, though, which should tell you all you need to know about how ill-informed my taste in men is lol.
    Ooh, Irvine was great too. Forgot about him.

Pretty boy in a good way, though! I have a hard time being attracted to any of the FF characters after that game, mostly because they're either 1) waaaaay too feminine for my taste*, or 2) dressed in really elaborate outfits that are distracting enough to take away from the sex appeal. Gotta love a man in a bomber jacket.

*I saw a blog post, once, that compared Tidus to Meg Ryan, and I have never been able to get that image out of my head.

Anew Leaf

Ooh, Irvine was great too. Forgot about him.

Pretty boy in a good way, though! I have a hard time being attracted to any of the FF characters after that game, mostly because they're either 1) waaaaay too feminine for my taste*, or 2) dressed in really elaborate outfits that are distracting enough to take away from the sex appeal. Gotta love a man in a bomber jacket.

You liked Seifer?? But he is to FF8 as Gary is to Pokemon!
    Actually, you know, he's also like Riku in Kingdom Hearts, and I'm a Riku fan, so I have officially cut you some slack.

*I saw a blog post, once, that compared Tidus to Meg Ryan, and I have never been able to get that image out of my head.
    @bold,

I LOVED ff10. I SOBBED for hours at the ending of that one. It's my favorite FF.

Squall was too emo whiny for me. But then again I am not some super cool te-dom chick like you two. (It was a bit TOO much like looking into a mirror for me. )