User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Ginkgo

Incoming for the Dreamcast.

It literally has no ending. Or beginning, for that matter. It's in a loop, haha.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post

OTOH, I got stuck at the 2nd cd of FF9, back in the days. FF7 and FF8 are among my all-time favorites, but I din't like FF9 enough to bother finding what I had to do... I also found the card game much worse than FF8's triple triad.
    FF8 was okay, but the characters weren't my favorite. When someone is as angsty as Squall, I figure that they'll have some legitimate childhood trauma to back it up. But when you find out what actually happened to him... definitely not horrible enough to warrant him being such an asshole.

Also, I didn't really like the world, all that much. I think I must have seen it as too similar to our own; part of what compelled me about FF9 was that it really seemed like a magical fantasy realm, in the European-style storybook sense -- but at the same time, it's all about conquest and realpolitik, which the wonk in me gets a real kick out of.

As for the card game... I don't think I like any of the FF minigames. Chocobo racing was annoying, all the card games were annoying, blitzball was annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    FFT was really hard.
    Validation!
    And all FPS.. mostly because I really, really suck at FPS games. The controls and the first-person view just really mess with me for some reason.
    Oh god, me too. I don't even try anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Ah! Almost forgot. Donkey Kong Country Returns.

The temples... Dear god, the temples...
    That was another one I could never finish! Donkey Kong Country for Game Boy Color.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    FF8 was okay, but the characters weren't my favorite. When someone is as angsty as Squall, I figure that they'll have some legitimate childhood trauma to back it up. But when you find out what actually happened to him... definitely not horrible enough to warrant him being such an asshole.
    Interesting perspective! I tend to like flawed characters... and I used to relate a lot to Squall. I think he was an asshole when dealing with Zell, but for the most part, I just think he was clueless about people's feelings.

Also, I didn't really like the world, all that much. I think I must have seen it as too similar to our own; part of what compelled me about FF9 was that it really seemed like a magical fantasy realm, in the European-style storybook sense -- but at the same time, it's all about conquest and realpolitik, which the wonk in me gets a real kick out of.
    The world was indeed pretty interesting. Still, I found the main characters too mundane... .

Also, I love side games. Specially when the side games are even more addicting than the main game (e.g. FF7's battle arena, FF8's triple triad). :P

WALMART

Dragon's Lair (NES)

@EJCC, FF8 was the epitome of PlayStation era RPG's.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Donkey Kong land for my original old, yellow, weighs half a ton and takes 4 AA batteries game boy.

That game was ridiculously huge...it had more worlds than the universe in a box episode from Futurama. Not to mention you died in one hit to ANYTHING. Which was great later on when the game decided to throw immortal wasps at you every 3 seconds.

Then again I was a child when I had this game so maybe this is all exaggerated from a child memory. I also had Donkey Kong country as well on GB colour as some others here have, that was a brain ache too.

Donkey Kong land did make up for it with this song though:

Actually most of it's soundtrack was wonderful.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I am currently playing through dishonored at the hardest difficulty and making the ghost achievement a requirement. If someone sees me, I load the previous save.

It's challenging, but so far not too hard.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü;1992030[I
    Zelda 2.[/I]
    I never could beat Shadow Link.

Also, anybody ever play Actraiser 2? Even the easy option was extrordinarily difficult, and I don't remember ever beating it.

There is also Illbleed for the Dreamcast....I did manage to beat that, but only with extreme difficulty.

Without Gamefaqs, I'd never have gotten past some of the puzzles in the Silent Hill series.

Then of course, there's the original Ghost n' Goblins...

I could never understand why so many people thought Castevania IV was difficult, however....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Wizardry 8 on the PC, because it's huge, repetitive and frequently difficult. I get sick of being stunned, blinded, paralysed, nauseated, driven insane and then killed.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    INFJ

Hard to think of anything that's actually all that 'unbeatable' (except for like old broken Nintendo games)

Trauma Center is pretty frickin hard though. Also Advance Wars Dual Strike.

Warsong on the Sega Genesis was also incredibly hard due to it's straight progression and no way to go back and level up. If you don't play optimally from the very start of the game, you are screwed.

Bullet hell shooters like DoDonPachi and Touhou are also rather insane in comparison to more western shooter counterparts - Touhou being the series that spawned the mocking "Eeeeeh? Iisi Moodo?!" meme, it's mocking because easy mode is supposed to be for kids and old ladies but is actually pretty fucking hard if you approach it as a casual player. Lunatic level is also aptly named.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Interesting perspective! I tend to like flawed characters... and I used to relate a lot to Squall. I think he was an asshole when dealing with Zell, but for the most part, I just think he was clueless about people's feelings.
    He was intentionally horrible to Quistis, too. I dunno. I still crushed on him a little, but I dunno. It made more sense with Cloud and Zidane.

The world was indeed pretty interesting. Still, I found the main characters too mundane... .
    Some of them are pretty one-dimensional... But others, especially Zidane, get WAY more interesting by disc 3 or 4! (Also, as an ESTJ, there's a special place in my heart for Steiner. )
    Also, I love side games. Specially when the side games are even more addicting than the main game (e.g. FF7's battle arena, FF8's triple triad). :P
    I don't remember the battle arena. I resent chocobo breeding, though, because a glitch in the chocobo breeding system in my copy of the game is what kept me from being able to finish it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    @EJCC, FF8 was the epitome of PlayStation era RPG's.
    More so than FF7 or 9? Why?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!