• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I had a heart attack when I read this...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This just in: Matthew Vaughn is possibly gonna direct Episode VII. Not a bad choice. He's the director of Kick-Ass and X-Men: First Class. I loved Kick-Ass, and enjoyed First Class aside from the continuity problems with the other ones,

And it also appears they've tapped Harrison Ford to play Han Solo? I had a heart attack when I read that. But then again, I thought it worked out quite well with Indiana Jones 4.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now they might've found a writer. One of the writers of Toy Story 3 has allegedly been tapped. Although I think that Toy Story 3 was the weakest of the three movies...ironically enough, it was the only one to receive an Oscar nomination for Best Picture.

I wonder if Industrial Light and Magic will be providing the hopefully lower number of visual effects shots for this new Star Wars film? I really hope that ILM isn't phased out, because while it's ultimately just a name of a company, if you appreciate movie visual effects like I do (no matter how good or bad the movie itself is), then it will be very sad if something like this happens. There is a lot of groundbreaking history behind this company name. Yes, this company is responsible for creating Jar Jar Binks, but whatever you think of the character, you're an idiot if you cannot appreciate the technical and even artistic achievement behind it.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I wonder if Industrial Light and Magic will be providing the hopefully lower number of visual effects shots for this new Star Wars film? I really hope that ILM isn't phased out, because while it's ultimately just a name of a company, if you appreciate movie visual effects like I do (no matter how good or bad the movie itself is), then it will be very sad if something like this happens. There is a lot of groundbreaking history behind this company name. Yes, this company is responsible for creating Jar Jar Binks, but whatever you think of the character, you're an idiot if you cannot appreciate the technical and even artistic achievement behind it.

ILM will be fine. In fact, it will probably grow because Disney will realize savings by keeping a lot of VFX work for its films in-house.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Conan O' Brian did some spoofs of various directors who want to direct the next Star Wars film for Disney.

Most of them honestly sucked, they just weren't funny, but at least this one was adequate.

A

Anew Leaf

If Peter Jackson gets the job then we can all look forward to 9 more movies instead of just 3.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well...that's weird.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105...ss-sunshine-writer-to-pen-new-star-wars-film/

I'm not sure this guy is qualified for the job...Whatever.
Just throw in lightsaber battles with an occasional spaceship landing on a planet and you have a movie.

He wrote Toy Story 3, which, granted, was the weakest of the three, but he's apparently penning other science fiction films, including Oblivion, with Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman, directed by Joseph Kosinski (TRON Legacy), and a less exciting project, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Didn't care much for the first Hunger Games; I saw it nothing more than a glorified Running Man, except The Running Man was fun.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Indeed it is good that Star Wars is being resurrected as it is only through epic science fiction fables that our space age salvation can be wrought into realization. The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves we will, one day, venture to the stars. A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy-rise!

One day with the almighty power of the Force at our command, the stars of the heavens will shine with the ever brightening radiance of our minds, illuminating our world in monumental transitions of transformation. It follows that the future of Star Wars holds in store inscrutable sources of wonder forever inexhaustible. See the excitement coming as the prophecies of today become the practices of tomorrow!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like they are off and running already... and at least they've got some better writers, they're even dragging Kasdan back in from the Jedi retirement farm. :smile:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/disney-recruits-two-more-star-wars-scribes-180657502.html

Not sure about Kinberg, but at least Kasdan and Ardnt raise the gameplay a bit. It's almost enough to inspire me to play another month of SWTOR.

Maybe they could get Kasdan to direct, too, although he hasn't directed that many well-received movies.

Now if only they can get John Williams back to score it. Even though they'll likely keep the theme songs, it still won't feel like a Star Wars movie without Williams. Of course, the customized 20th Century Fox fanfare also felt like just as much of a staple...and I don't think that'll be happening in Episode VII.

And Harrison Ford is supposedly interested in reprising his role. The movie brats and the actors lifted by them seem to be trying to relive their glory days.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure how Carrie Fisher will look in that metal bikini nowadays... :unsure:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Corey Feldman is supposedly in talks to play Han Solo's son in Episode VII? I thought he died with all the rest of those crackheads...

Anyway, Corey Feldman played in Gremlins. Stand By Me, and The Goonies. And then he starred with Corey Haim in The Lost Boys and the teen comedy License to Drive.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Corey Feldman is supposedly in talks to play Han Solo's son in Episode VII? I thought he died with all the rest of those crackheads...

Nope. We are fortunate he survived in order to bring enlightenment to the Force. *cough cough*

Anyway, Corey Feldman played in Gremlins. Stand By Me, and The Goonies. And then he starred with Corey Haim in The Lost Boys and the teen comedy License to Drive.

I think he also played young Richie in IT.
Corey Haim isn't around anymore, though.

Well, look at that: Kirk Cameron is older than Corey Feldman, by a year or so. Maybe they should compete -- as in, which one can act his way out of a wet paper bag first before smothering?

No offense to Corey... but they've certainly got a wide-enough pool of decent young actors to not have to drag the dregs of the 80's B-actor list.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Call it my lack of faith, but I find the idea of the same director directing both a Star Trek and Star Wars picture disturbing.