• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I had a heart attack when I read this...

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
A friend just posted this on his Facebook.
Doubt it is real, but if it is I like it.

552473_554784487865227_425447716_n.jpg

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A friend just posted this on his Facebook.
Doubt it is real, but if it is I like it.

552473_554784487865227_425447716_n.jpg

Clearly not real. It doesn't say "Disney's" above the title.

But the lens flare on the lightsaber was a nice JJ Abrams-styled touch.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Clearly not real. It doesn't say "Disney's" above the title.

But the lens flare on the lightsaber was a nice JJ Abrams-styled touch.

You're right--it isn't real. No Disney brand logo, no "Star Wars" logo, no IMAX or Real-D endorsement.
Either way, I suspect this will be superior to the generic teaser poster Disney will release down the line.

Plays on the Star Wars iconography VERY WELL otherwise.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Disney shut down LucasArts...figures. :cry:

Forget about you whiners...ahem...whining about George Lucas and the prequels. THIS is raping and murdering your childhood.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The best thing ever. What do you think, [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]?

Now all we need is ILM and Skywalker Sound to return. [MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION], you're in that biz, can you confirm? Or is Disney gonna go cheap and do the post production in London?

Speaking of which, we need to have the 20th Century Fox fanfare followed by the Lucasfilm logo...THEN the circle will be complete.

S

Society

so... did anyone expect anything good coming form lucas retaining the star wars franchise?

i can understand somewhat some disgruntledness at disney's IPs hoarding practices... but i'm dumbfounded by the reaction - wtf is there for the star wars franchise to lose? certainly not it's dignity.

MBTI Type
INTJ
The best thing ever. What do you think, [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]?

Now all we need is ILM and Skywalker Sound to return. [MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION], you're in that biz, can you confirm? Or is Disney gonna go cheap and do the post production in London?

Speaking of which, we need to have the 20th Century Fox fanfare followed by the Lucasfilm logo...THEN the circle will be complete.

Where to post a movie is usually the director's call for someone with Abrams' status. I'd look where he posted his last few and that might be the answer. My guess is they'll post at Skywalker and Abrams will not put up a fight.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I'm sad to hear about your medical issues. There was another young guy who also had a heart attack. His happened on Christmas day, and he died. His name was Ben Breedlove, and he suffered from Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). I'll pray for you.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
so... did anyone expect anything good coming form lucas retaining the star wars franchise?

i can understand somewhat some disgruntledness at disney's IPs hoarding practices... but i'm dumbfounded by the reaction - wtf is there for the star wars franchise to lose? certainly not it's dignity.

This is how I feel. Actually, I think this is promising. It probably won't be like "old Star Wars" but I think it has a very high potential to be good. Of course, some people can't let go of griping about "Klingon forehead ridges" level shit. I can't see it being more disappointing than Episode III.

We were just going to keep getting more ridiculous "tweaks" and "improvements" to the movies. There will be much bitching about this in the fanbase, but the fanbase will continue to buy the latest holocube release anyway. We probably wouldn't get any new movies, but we'd get lot of enhancements that don't really add anything and are distracting more than anything else. Puppets replaced with shitty CG that doesn't match with anything else, that sort of hogwash. Meanwhile the shitty writing/editing in Episode III would not be corrected.