First 56789 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

This just in: Matthew Vaughn is possibly gonna direct Episode VII. Not a bad choice. He's the director of Kick-Ass and X-Men: First Class. I loved Kick-Ass, and enjoyed First Class aside from the continuity problems with the other ones,

And it also appears they've tapped Harrison Ford to play Han Solo? I had a heart attack when I read that. But then again, I thought it worked out quite well with Indiana Jones 4.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Now they might've found a writer. One of the writers of Toy Story 3 has allegedly been tapped. Although I think that Toy Story 3 was the weakest of the three movies...ironically enough, it was the only one to receive an Oscar nomination for Best Picture.

I wonder if Industrial Light and Magic will be providing the hopefully lower number of visual effects shots for this new Star Wars film? I really hope that ILM isn't phased out, because while it's ultimately just a name of a company, if you appreciate movie visual effects like I do (no matter how good or bad the movie itself is), then it will be very sad if something like this happens. There is a lot of groundbreaking history behind this company name. Yes, this company is responsible for creating Jar Jar Binks, but whatever you think of the character, you're an idiot if you cannot appreciate the technical and even artistic achievement behind it.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

ILM will not be affected by the buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I wonder if Industrial Light and Magic will be providing the hopefully lower number of visual effects shots for this new Star Wars film? I really hope that ILM isn't phased out, because while it's ultimately just a name of a company, if you appreciate movie visual effects like I do (no matter how good or bad the movie itself is), then it will be very sad if something like this happens. There is a lot of groundbreaking history behind this company name. Yes, this company is responsible for creating Jar Jar Binks, but whatever you think of the character, you're an idiot if you cannot appreciate the technical and even artistic achievement behind it.
    ILM will be fine. In fact, it will probably grow because Disney will realize savings by keeping a lot of VFX work for its films in-house.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    ILM will be fine. In fact, it will probably grow because Disney will realize savings by keeping a lot of VFX work for its films in-house.
    Or it could become the next Secret Lab.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Conan O' Brian did some spoofs of various directors who want to direct the next Star Wars film for Disney.

Most of them honestly sucked, they just weren't funny, but at least this one was adequate.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Anew Leaf

If Peter Jackson gets the job then we can all look forward to 9 more movies instead of just 3.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    If Peter Jackson gets the job then we can all look forward to 9 more movies instead of just 3.
    *crosses fingers*

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Well...that's weird.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...tar-wars-film/

I'm not sure this guy is qualified for the job...Whatever.
    Just throw in lightsaber battles with an occasional spaceship landing on a planet and you have a movie.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Well...that's weird.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...tar-wars-film/

I'm not sure this guy is qualified for the job...Whatever.
    Just throw in lightsaber battles with an occasional spaceship landing on a planet and you have a movie.
    He wrote Toy Story 3, which, granted, was the weakest of the three, but he's apparently penning other science fiction films, including Oblivion, with Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman, directed by Joseph Kosinski (TRON Legacy), and a less exciting project, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Didn't care much for the first Hunger Games; I saw it nothing more than a glorified Running Man, except The Running Man was fun.