User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

It was a shock when I hear about it, didnt really sink in until I saw the interviews with Lucas and he said it was his retirement fund, respect that and all but he mustnt be bothered about anyone messing too much with his creation. I know the Beatles got done by their manager when he sold the rights of all their songs to Jackson, although he sold them back to them before he died because of all the law suits and allegations. Still McCartney said he was real glad that Jackson didnt decide to rerecord them himself.

Its another what the hell story, did I hear right that Disney bought Marvel? I knew there was some tie in with the Avengers movie but I thought WTF about that too.

When I heard the news commentary that it was their intent to buy up whatever was already popular and making money I thought two things, well, that's bed time for competition in entertainment and also that its a bit of a pronouncement about independent creativity in entertainment industries in the west, as in there isnt any, originality can bite the dust, if it hasnt already.

IBM and Microsoft pull stunts like this too when I think about it. Apple too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Thrawn. Seriously.
    While I'm fairly pessimistic of any of the Zahn (Thrawn) or Stackpole (X-Wing) stories getting made into movies, I'd love to see cameos of some of the characters, especially Mara Jade.

And at least someone agrees in the media
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...star_wars.html
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    At least he won't be directing.
    George is a good director, good storyteller, he's just a shitty writer.

MBTI
    INTJ

Lucas is horrible. He was perhaps decent but that was only for a short period.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

You know what would be great though is if Disney resurrected the abandoned Curse of Monkey Island movie.

garbage

Finally.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    George is a good director, good storyteller, he's just a shitty writer.
    Did you see Eps 1-3?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    It'd be like splitting the Hobbit into three movies.
    I was really hoping you would have phrased this as, "It'd be like splitting a hobbit into three pieces."

*flashbacks to Leatherface terrorizing little people*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Its another what the hell story, did I hear right that Disney bought Marvel? I knew there was some tie in with the Avengers movie but I thought WTF about that too.
    Yes, this happened a few years ago.

Disney bought Capital Cities/ABC in 1995 for $19 billion, Pixar for $7.4 billion in 2006, Marvel for $4.2 billion in 2009 and this week, it said it will purchase Lucasfilm and the “Star Wars” franchise for $4.05 billion.
    Which explains why there's been such a big push forward with the movies, it's part of Disney capitalizing off the properties although I think some of those concepts were already in the pipeline.

When I heard the news commentary that it was their intent to buy up whatever was already popular and making money I thought two things, well, that's bed time for competition in entertainment and also that its a bit of a pronouncement about independent creativity in entertainment industries in the west, as in there isnt any, originality can bite the dust, if it hasnt already.
    Pixar is still doing well, although I didn't think Brave was up-to-snuff as far as recent Pixar offerings go. It was still decent by cinema standards, but just not the very top of the heap.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Disney is like that plastic smile hiding rage. They are horrendous.

But oh well, with this new merger. Just as long as they leave that "Enchanted" chick out of it, we may be okay.

Here she is, pining for a Sith Lord because all he needs is a little cheerful tune.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)