User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Yeah, I think this could be awful, Disney has become some kind of monopolist monster, first Pixar and now Lucas film.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

nooooo, how can you say that, that was my fave!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    They were all better than Return of the Jedi.

Ginkgo

This is like starting to react to a patient's heart monitor when it has been flat-lining for 30 minutes. Whether you're for or against the direction of the Star Wars franchise, it really has little to lose.

So why not?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I seriously don't know how to feel about this...which is why I had a heart attack.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, I think this could be awful, Disney has become some kind of monopolist monster, first Pixar and now Lucas film.
    Lucasfilm is indirectly responsible for the overflowing CGI corporate crapfests that litter the theaters today.
    And unlike the tyrannical Lucas, Disney actually LISTENS to the fans. They want to give them what they want.

Business is business, yes. But business is usually better when YOU GIVE THE CUSTOMERS WHAT THEY WANT.

Lucas was is a self-indulgent control freak who destroyed the greatest film franchise of all time.

Lesser of two evils, really.

(Addendum: This means we will FINALLY get the original Star Wars in high definition)

MBTI
    ISTx

They better not fuck this up. On the flip side, I've already gotten used to Star Wars being fucked up so I'll live even if it does suck.

I really want new releases to be good though... The original star wars films are some of my favorites.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

What if Disney buys James Bond next? Will Walt Disney be the villain trying to take over the world?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    This is like starting to react to a patient's heart monitor when it has been flat-lining for 30 minutes. Whether you're for or against the direction of the Star Wars franchise, it really has little to lose.

So why not?
    yes, electro-shock the hell out of that corpse, maybe it will stand back up.

Honestly.

They made a buttload of money on the prequels despite their being panned critically (in terms of writing and acting). How coul any future project be worse? Besides, historically, Star Wars licenses developed by other writers (i.e., NOT Lucas) are fairly decent, including the SWKOTOR 1&2 and SWTOR games, the Clone Wars, etc. Honestly, Lucas letting go of his baby is the best thing that could ever happen to the Star Wars world.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

Thrawn. Seriously.

Lucas prevented games and movies from going forward in the timeline. There is hope if that restriction is lifted, then . A final hope. Otherwise the franchise is dead, either way, but at least not there is a glimmer of sugar coated hope.

But seriously, the artistic vision died decades ago. Media company or media company, it won't change from the "hey, this prints money" status.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Lucas prevented games and movies from going forward in the timeline. There is hope if that restriction is lifted, then . A final hope. Otherwise the franchise is dead, either way, but at least not there is a glimmer of sugar coated hope.
    Don't hold your breath. Lucas is still a creative consultant on Star Wars.