• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Metal. Is it music?

Metal. Is it music?

• Total voters

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah, sorry for rambling in this thread, didn't mean to.

... what do you mean, haha? But probably, yeah.

I thought you were talking about male social dominance hierarchy, not socionics. Lol

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
And could it still logically be considered music if you're one of those who doesn't consider rap music? Why or why not?

PS: Sorry, I didn't feel like hunting for Cyrillic characters.
Excuse me? If rap OR metal aren't music I don't care to know what music is. Also people who say "X isn't music" can suck a d.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Excuse me? If rap OR metal aren't music I don't care to know what music is. Also people who say "X isn't music" can suck a d.
I agree, but only a tiny lower case d?

I know of one song which is both symphonic metal and rap. I like things which don't fit neatly into categories.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I agree, but only a tiny lower case d?

I know of one song which is both symphonic metal and rap. I like things which don't fit neatly into categories.
Or a big d, whichever they want.
That sounds awesome! I like so much music in so many categories that I can't deal with the elitist thing that 'omg rap is just words!1!!' or 'metal is all screaming omg~%8'.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

But X isn't a music though. It's a letter. :shock:

Well I know what I can do now... ahaha. Learning possibilities everyday.

Today has been very odd. :shock: My inner life has been quite foreign today. (like exploring new places inside myself)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anything is music if you want it to be.

x (pronounces eckhss for the time being)

now...

xxxxxxxxx(what do you want?)xxxxxxxx(we are the dopest, and the raddest motherf-

I get the point now. :laugh:

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Or a big d, whichever they want.
That sounds awesome! I like so much music in so many categories that I can't deal with the elitist thing that 'omg rap is just words!1!!' or 'metal is all screaming omg~%8'.

I agree, I like songs from many different genres. People can be silly when they overgeneralize like that. :)

Another category-buster: would anyone expect atmospheric doom metal to sound beautiful?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I agree, I like songs from many different genres. People can be silly when they overgeneralize like that. :)

Another category-buster: would anyone expect atmospheric doom metal to sound beautiful?

Nice! I've never heard the Within Temptation one before!
Ugh are you kidding, atmospheric doom is so beautiful! Agalloch are among one of my top bands of all time.
I also quite enjoy symphonic black metal (probably my favorite metal genre of all time):

Okay, I'm turning this into a 'why is metal so awesome' thread.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
metal kicks ass and has like 200 subgenres
how can you argue against that

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
[MENTION=26046]Dyslexxie[/MENTION] I haven't heard any of those before, so thanks for the little music exploration jaunt! I really like the Agalloch one. I think I could get into the others if I weren't in such a mellow mood right now.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
[MENTION=26046]Dyslexxie[/MENTION] I haven't heard any of those before, so thanks for the little music exploration jaunt! I really like the Agalloch one. I think I could get into the others if I weren't in such a mellow mood right now.
No problem! :)
Hah yeah, I go through those phases where I'm too mellow to metal (earlier I was listening to sappy country so whatever) but it's still one of my favorite genres.

á´…eparted

passages

I can totally hear that it's music. That said when I hear metal this is what happens:

melting-witch.gif