• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Metal. Is it music?

Metal. Is it music?

• Total voters

sonictard

But that isn't what this thread is about.

Metal is music anyway, since any kind of arranged sounds into patterns is considered music.

'Arranged sounds into patterns'- that's your experience of music. Sorry lady, but that seem as some kind of robotic thinking. Maybe you are young, maybe you are bombarded by media and internet, but that's not the holy grail of music. Music is singing of your soul, language of your heart, broken, shattered, or cured, whatever.

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
'Arranged sounds into patterns'- that's your experience of music. Sorry lady, but that seem as some kind of robotic thinking. Maybe you are young, maybe you are bombarded by media and internet, but that's not the holy grail of music. Music is singing of your soul, language of your heart, broken, shattered, or cured, whatever.
I'm soulless.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Arranged sounds into patterns" is actually a pretty decent definition of what music is. It's funny how you invalidate it because it's "her experience of music" (when it actually reads more as an attempt at defining what music is), and then counter it with a definition that is wholly subjective and only reflects your own, personal relationship with music. There's plenty of mass produced music devoid of sincerity and soul that wouldn't fit your definition, lol.

You're the one with a narrow perspective here, bro.

sonictard

I'm soulless.

No, you are young.

"Arranged sounds into patterns" is actually a pretty decent definition of what music is. It's funny how you invalidate it because it's "her experience of music" (when it actually reads more as an attempt at defining what music is), and then counter it with a definition that is wholly subjective and only reflects your own, personal relationship with music. There's plenty of mass produced music devoid of sincerity and soul that wouldn't fit your definition, lol.

Ok.

sonictard

You cannot define music, its stupid. And, please, stop pretending to be a gentlemen (Null), just be honest. I understand your urge to protect tender sex, but, your urge are not suppossed to be your real intention here.

One doesn't exclude the other.

Cheap compensation but, as I said - you are young.

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
forgetful by the whim, typical feminine feigned intractability
Let's be friends, we're both alphas in the end. :hug:

Metal is music, metal is awesome, metal speaks me out of the heart.

Duffy

I rather like Ramstein. Of course I recognise they play to a nostalgia for military masculininity, so they might be considered camp. But I confess a weakness for them, click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3q8Od5qJio

I forgot about these guys. I used to listen to some of their songs.

Why the hell is this thread still going after three years?

Troll-like responses and troll-like threads get a lot of responses. It's an attraction to drama and controversy. Besides, it difficult to have discussion involving agreement.