Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Better yet, it was even an actual part of the Bond canon by Fleming.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopus...ving_Daylights
    'Twas i 'twas.

I'm happy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Know what would be funny? Tim Burton directing a Bond movie, with Johnny Depp as the villain, Jeffrey Jones as the main henchman, and Helena Bonham Carter as a Bond girl, probably the bad one, because Tim Burton has a habit of casting his wife as an evil bitch. Imagine Danny Elfman's rendition of Monty Norman's Bond theme. And not to mention a title sequence with a massive amount of spinning spirals. Dammit, Tim Burton would also love the gun barrel sequence. He would love it so much that he'd put it at the beginning of the film. It's like a spiral. Spiral. Spiral. Spiral.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Know what would be funny? Tim Burton directing a Bond movie, with Johnny Depp as the villain and Helena Bonham Carter as a Bond girl. Imagine Danny Elfman's rendition of Monty Norman's Bond theme. And not to mention a title sequence with a massive amount of spinning spirals. Dammit, Tim Burton would also love the gun barrel sequence. He would love it so much that he'd put it at the beginning of the film. It's like a spiral. Spiral. Spiral. Spiral.
    He needs to cast Michael Keaton as the villain, of course. Goldbeetle or something, just don't say his name three times. "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die. Until you're dead dead deadski! And *That* is why I won't do two shows a night anymore, I won't!"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

He needs to cast Michael Keaton as the villain, of course. Goldbeetle or something, just don't say his name three times. "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die. Until you're dead dead deadski! And *That* is why I won't do two shows a night anymore, I won't!"
    And Jack Nicholson as M. Hahaha!!! I was just imagining Jack Nicholson with a British accent.

Oh!!! And if Tim Burton were a director of a Bond movie, he'd be the first American to direct one!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Thomas Newman's score has leaked:

I'm disappointed. So Hans Zimmerish.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

That was crap straight out of a poor video game.
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service main theme, this ain't.

Lame-sauce.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I really like it. I'm sentimental about NY in the 20's, and it reminds me of that. Also I like themes of survival and strength in difficult dark times, and it reminds me of that too. I haven't actually seen any James Bond movies though. Maybe I'd like them.

That's another song that I ended up really liking (by Garbage? Is that right?), that I hadn't expected to.
    Yeah, it was Garbage.

Know what would be funny? Tim Burton directing a Bond movie, with Johnny Depp as the villain, Jeffrey Jones as the main henchman, and Helena Bonham Carter as a Bond girl, probably the bad one, because Tim Burton has a habit of casting his wife as an evil bitch. Imagine Danny Elfman's rendition of Monty Norman's Bond theme. And not to mention a title sequence with a massive amount of spinning spirals. Dammit, Tim Burton would also love the gun barrel sequence. He would love it so much that he'd put it at the beginning of the film. It's like a spiral. Spiral. Spiral. Spiral.
    Omg, that would be great! Or rather terrible. It would just be silly if they used clay-mation. Maybe CG like in Alice in Wonderland would be cool.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Maybe CG like in Alice in Wonderland would be cool.
    Already been done. It's called Die Another Day.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Already been done. It's called Die Another Day.
    Oh. Well like I say I haven't seen them. I was specifically referring to it Tim Burton style, though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Oh. Well like I say I haven't seen them. I was specifically referring to it Tim Burton style, though.
    Well, I generally love when directors step out of their genre comfort zone, like Martin Scorsese did with Hugo, to name one. It's always fascinating when a director plays with an entirely different genre, and yet his personal style still seeps through in subtle ways.

Maybe casting the Burton regulars like Depp and Carter would be overkill, but it would be an interesting experiment. In retrospect, however, Burton is not the best at directing action sequences -- I found the action sequences of his Batman films to be the most tedious parts -- he is, however, excellent at creating colorful characters. And Bond movies cannot function (not even with Daniel Craig) without a colorful villain.