• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alien - "This movie is about interspecies rape"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://www.cracked.com/article_18932_alien-film-franchise-based-entirely-rape.html

"Bringing Giger on board turned out to be the decision that shaped the entire movie that itself spawned a franchise and some of the most recognizable images in all of film history. Giger designed the alien, the derelict ship and its captain, and the alien landscape. And every last bit of it is loaded with galactic penises and space vaginas."

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Before there was Alien there was Philip Jose Farmer.. the pioneer in gender bending alien rape. Come on, you're now using cracked as a source.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This ain't rocket science.

Nor is Giger's art for the squeamish... while I like it, I still find it pretty unsettling as well. (Alien captured the sexuality of his visual art, but there was a whole subcategory of dead/decrepit babies that I don't think made the movie imagery. Wow.)

Before there was Alien there was Philip Jose Farmer.. the pioneer in gender bending alien rape. Come on, you're now using cracked as a source.

And then you get a guy like Jack L. Chalker (Baltimore's own son! Wheee!) who habitually abused/debased women in his various scifi stories, just some really bizarre stuff.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Strange Relations, Philip Jose Farmer. Some very interesting stories in this.

Panther-2092-b+Farmer+Strange+Relations.jpg

Attachments

• Panther-2092-b+Farmer+Strange+Relations.jpg
    Panther-2092-b+Farmer+Strange+Relations.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 89

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

A source for what?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just this one time. And what's wrong with that?

There's just too much processing by that point. You're then referencing that they referenced primarily for laughs, probably from a secondary source. Which also means that they may have inaccurately framed the subject primarily for the 'rule of funny'. I guess I prefer anything factual to be sourced further up the ladder.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess I just like to dab a little Funny on my Serious. (Tastes great, more filling.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's just too much processing by that point. You're then referencing that they referenced primarily for laughs, probably from a secondary source. Which also means that they may have inaccurately framed the subject primarily for the 'rule of funny'. I guess I prefer anything factual to be sourced further up the ladder.

There are direct quotes from O'Bannon, correct? Wasn't he one of the Alien scriptwriters? Those are a good enough primary source.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, Dan O' Bannon collaborated on story and wrote the screenplay.

"One thing that people are all disturbed about is sex... I said 'That's how I'm going to attack the audience; I'm going to attack them sexually. And I'm not going to go after the women in the audience, I'm going to attack the men. I am going to put in every image I can think of to make the men in the audience cross their legs. Homosexual oral rape, birth. The thing lays its eggs down your throat, the whole number.'"

That's pretty authoritative to me.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It seems like Science Fiction, like Anime, get more of a "pass" on rape themes from the censors than more reality related drama.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems like Science Fiction, like Anime, get more of a "pass" on rape themes from the censors than more reality related drama.

I don't even notice it until it's pointed out to me. My mind just doesn't work that way.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't even notice it until it's pointed out to me. My mind just doesn't work that way.

I guess it's different when penetrative rape is an actual reality.

The movie is invasive and penetrative and it doesn't discern between genders.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess it's different when penetrative rape is an actual reality.

The movie is invasive and penetrative and it doesn't discern between genders.

"I'm going to attack them sexually. And I'm not going to go after the women in the audience, I'm going to attack the men." Dan O'Bannon

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I'm going to attack them sexually. And I'm not going to go after the women in the audience, I'm going to attack the men." Dan O'Bannon

Dude, read for context please. Note that women in the movie also got attacked/assaulted, so obviously they were not immune despite your cherry-picking. My point (and his) is that men are included in the targets of penetration for once, whereas they typically never are.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Aliens don't care about gender. They're egalitarian like that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude, read for context please. Note that women in the movie also got attacked/assaulted, so obviously they were not immune despite your cherry-picking. My point (and his) is that men are included in the targets of penetration for once, whereas they typically never are.

Ripley of course. But didn't she look like a man at the end? Yes.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ripley of course. But didn't she look like a man at the end? Yes.

My adolescent self clearly remembers Ripley not looking like a man at the end.