User Tag List

123 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default The 2012 NFL Season Thread

For any and all friendly banter about the current NFL season!

RALLY THE TROOPS @swordpath @JocktheMotie @EffEmDoubleyou @DiscoBiscuit @Jaguar Shit. We need more troops.

Starting with the Ravens fans chanting 'Bullshit' at the replacement refs.

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I was watching that last night and laughed so hard. Not sure I've ever heard that before. I'm glad the Ravens won because I thought they deserved it and were getting hosed by the officials.

I'm most impressed by Arizona actually. I watched the first half of that game and I couldn't believe how intimidated the Eagles were; just seemed physically outmatched by the Arizona defense's intensity. It was like watching a football version of the first Bane vs. Batman fight.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'd love to talk football, but I'm not super well versed with NFL stuff.

More of a college fan really. That's why I didn't respond to the Fantasy football thread, I felt like I would be out of my depth haha.

But yea ^ that was ridiculous.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I was watching that last night and laughed so hard. Not sure I've ever heard that before. I'm glad the Ravens won because I thought they deserved it and were getting hosed by the officials.
    Well, Ravens and Pats are my two most hated teams. But I thought the Pats would have won if the replacement refs hadn't made that bullshit holding call on McCourty. So I can't help but feel that should have gone to the Pats.

The silver lining being, I'm glad Torrey Smith had a good game given what he is/was going through. Division rivals be damned, he seems like a good guy... and to lose your 19 year old brother that day and STILL play. Damn. They saved the first TD pass Smith caught, and intend to put it in the casket with his little brother, apparently. So theres that.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTx

That Ravens/Pats game was fun to watch. Definitely some sketchy officiating going on this week in football.

This had to be the best play that I saw this week, perhaps so far this season. Gnarliest catch.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I'd love to talk football, but I'm not super well versed with NFL stuff.

More of a college fan really. That's why I didn't respond to the Fantasy football thread, I felt like I would be out of my depth haha.

But yea ^ that was ridiculous.
    Conversely, I've never really gotten into college football, or even college sports for that matter. At BU, Hockey was God but I never really cared. The whole, rah-rah school spirit thing drives me insane. I think I'm missing that gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Well, Ravens and Pats are my two most hated teams. But I thought the Pats would have won if the replacement refs hadn't made that bullshit holding call on McCourty. So I can't help but feel that should have gone to the Pats.

The silver lining being, I'm glad Torrey Smith had a good game given what he is/was going through. Division rivals be damned, he seems like a good guy... and to lose your 19 year old brother that day and STILL play. Damn. They saved the first TD pass Smith caught, and intend to put it in the casket with his little brother, apparently. So theres that.
    Both teams got hosed, which was pretty unique. Usually shit doesn't stick to the NFL but when your fans are chanting BULLSHIT at your games you've got yourself a bit of a problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm excited for Giants-Eagles sunday night. Friend of mine just moved to Manhattan and we're gonna watch games all day, culminating with that one, and I'll be nice and drunk and full of Bonchon wings, which is good since watching a Giants game with me is a stressful experience for everybody involved, as @gromit can corroborate. This is already feeling like a classic "Giants stomped a bad team so everyone is getting ready to say they're good but here comes the stink bomb" feel to it. I'm convinced these 9-7 regular seasons finishing off with super bowls are taking years off my life.

I'm excited for Giants-Eagles sunday night. Friend of mine just moved to Manhattan and we're gonna watch games all day, culminating with that one, and I'll be nice and drunk and full of Bonchon wings, which is good since watching a Giants game with me is a stressful experience for everybody involved, as @gromit can corroborate. This is already feeling like a classic "Giants stomped a bad team so everyone is getting ready to say they're good but here comes the stink bomb" feel to it. I'm convinced these 9-7 regular seasons finishing off with super bowls are taking years off my life.
    Stressful for you and somewhat hilarious for those in your company.

This is already feeling like a classic "Giants stomped a bad team so everyone is getting ready to say they're good but here comes the stink bomb" feel to it.
    One can only hope!

Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Conversely, I've never really gotten into college football, or even college sports for that matter. The whole, rah-rah school spirit thing drives me insane. I think I'm missing that gene.
    I'm with ya here.

MBTI
    ISTx

So who's gonna win the Packers/Seahawks game tonight? I think GB will, but am rooting for Seattle.