• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite characters that got lame.

Ricin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
SEXY
Enneagram
hot
A character who was pretty awesome when they showed up. Usually they weren't meant to stick around but everyone liked them so much the author/company decided to keep them around, but unfortunately they went the wrong direction with this character.

Personally Vegeta is what made me think of this.
In dragon ball Z when Vegeta first appears he's pretty funny very patient and pretty smart. The interactions between him and Napa were amazing. Then Goku shows up and kicks his ass [though he really had to work for it]. And Vegeta goes to planet Namek. That's when he progressively goes on a downhill slide and eventually ends up crying and whining every saga.

So, at the start he was pretty cool. IMO.

Within

Permabanned
Richard B. Riddick - David Twohy certainly had some fun fucking everything right up.
Indiana Jones - I reserve my right not to even mention how he got ruined.
Remy, from Repo Men - Why did he turn into such a bitch because he got into the position of his victims?
Spike - What is up with the 'getting a soul'.
Alpha - One does not simply turn healthy after being a psycho killer for a decade.
The Crimson King - I'm still too hurt from how it ended to even explain.

No matter what character, Leonardo Di-fucking Caprio. I bet playing flawed parts gives him some sort of a sinister kick and a tingling sensation in his anus.

Although, most of the characters I would whine about here already got ruined from the get go. Quoting the architect; "Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness."

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For the obvious one, Hannibal Lecter rocked in "The Silence of the Lambs" but quickly became his own cliche, and the attempted cinematic backstory was too much to try to "explain the character."

You could say the same about Samara in "The Ring." The first movie dealt her just enough detail and made her interesting; the attempt to over-explain via "The Ring 2" kind of ruined everything.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*posted in the wrong thread, just ignore this lol*

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Two ENTP characters:

Captain Jack Sparrow. In Dead Man's Chest he was annoying as his character became too self-aware.
Plus the material got shittier as the series went on.

Tony Stark. Same problems as above and I wanted to punch him five minutes into Iron Man 2.
Luckily, he was tolerable in The Avengers (yet not as cool as in Iron Man 1).

And two ISTP characters:

Han Solo. Rocked the first two Star Wars movies, but apparently Carbonite encasing neuters the subject.

Wolverine. The mansion scene in X2 was about as hardcore as it gets.
Then he went and spent The Last Stand crying like a pussy.

Wolverine doesn't cry--he just kills things.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
All the characters I have ever fallen in love with.

I curse myself by liking characters who were never meant to have development.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i am pleased to note that Plankton has never let me down, even in his fluffier moments.

ice-cream-plankton-spongebob-tag-Favim.com-240389.jpg

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Captain Jack Harkness. I loved his character at first in the Doctor Who episodes, but he went from lame to lamer in Torchwood.