• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do people love to hate Kristen Stewart?

gromit

likes this
Not think she's a bad actor, or that Twilight is dumb, or disagree with some of her choices, but seemingly irrational hatred.

rav3n

It's no different than the hatred towards Robert Pattinson, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton and pretty much anyone who's a celebrity. To me, it's all shrugworthy.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Some people start to hate someone or something and soon it gets a mainstream trend which other people just follow blindly because it is "cool". Or do you think everyone who hates Twilight really watched the film or read the books? No, they say they would never want to watch that crap. But why would I hate it when I don't even know it?

I never watched or read Twilight and so I don't care. However, it is impossible to get around all that hatred spam about those things, and that stuff gets on your nerves inevitably.

It is same with stuff like Justin Bieber, before everyone suddenly started to hate him I never even heard about him and I still didn't listen to a song of him (or maybe / probably I heard it somehow in radio or something without knowing). If people wouldn't permanently spread how much they hate it, there wouldn't even be any / significantly less attention to those topics and people wouldn't have to get upset even more.

edit: Oh yeah, and then there is that Friday song. Admittedly it is annoying to me too, but I only heard it because everyone has to link it and demonstrate how much they get annoyed by it.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've noticed she got a lot more backlash for cheating than any male celebrity has. honestly, i never even thought her and robert pattinson were in a real relationship, i just thought it was a publicity thing. twilight fans are insane though, so they probably thought she was bella and he was edward and it was like bella was cheating on edward and crushed their dreams or whatever.

before this though, i think people didn't like her because she's a pretty introverted and socially awkward person, and i don't think was prepared to be in the spotlight the way she is. so probably doesn't seem grateful/gracious enough for people. plus she kinda publicly shits on/makes fun of twilight. i don't really blame her though, i'd have a hard time taking it seriously too. :shrug:

i can't feel too bad for her though because she's RICH!!!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's no different than the hatred towards Robert Pattinson, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton and pretty much anyone who's a celebrity. To me, it's all shrugworthy.

I wouldn't put her in the category of Paris or Kim K -- they're stupid. Kristen's kind of just average, nothing really spectacular. But as you say, they just hate her because of the irrational success of Twilight, which has been a kind of "free pass" for her. There are much more talented actors out there.

And then, as someone else mentioned, people hate fads even if the fad has some decent qualities. I don't think Inception was the best movie ever made, but I thought it good; and there was definitely an anti-Inception response to its unwarranted popularity. It was too popular, because a fad, and attracted h8rs.

'tis nature's way of striking a more equitable balance.

rav3n

I wouldn't put her in the category of Paris or Kim K -- they're stupid. Kristen's kind of just average, nothing really spectacular. But as you say, they just hate her because of the irrational success of Twilight, which has been a kind of "free pass" for her. There are much more talented actors out there.

And then, as someone else mentioned, people hate fads even if the fad has some decent qualities. I don't think Inception was the best movie ever made, but I thought it good; and there was definitely an anti-Inception response to its unwarranted popularity. It was too popular, because a fad, and attracted h8rs.

'tis nature's way of striking a more equitable balance.
Still love Inception, regardless of haters!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Part of the whole Twilight phenomenon is simultaneous embrace and rejection of what is widely recognized as mediocre - both the writing and the acting.

It's like washing your hands of it... if you admit it's bad up front, it's okay that you're reading or watching it. Then your taste isn't in question (even though you are choosing to spend your time on the same thing you are decrying).

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wonder how much of the hatred is really envy in disguise? Someone suddenly becomes mega-successful seemingly out of nowhere even though there may be better actors or singers out there, they are the ones getting all the attention? So like [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] said, it could be nature's way of a striking a more equitable balance?

W

WALMART

Given the cult of personality around disliking Twilight, I feel she would only follow suit.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've similarly noted that a lot of women profess to loathe - not just not care for, or dislike a bit, but loathe - Keira Knightley.

I'm pretty convinced that it's because she's thin/rich/pretty. Women can be surprisingly nasty.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The most common reasons I've heard for people hating Kristen Stewart:

1) Twilight sucks;
2) She doesn't deserve her popularity because she isn't that talented (with the exception of The Runaways, which she was really good in);
3) She's kind of a bitch in interviews and looks snootily unhappy in most of her photos*;
4) The cheating.

Like people have been saying, a lot of folks love to hate popular things/people, but unless they're hipsters, they only love to hate them when they don't think they deserve to be popular. Like, "Why does everyone love this stupid song??"

*I've heard that reasoning from a friend who hates Victoria Beckham for exactly the same reasons

G

Glycerine

I don't hate her by any means but I still don't understand how she got the role of Snow White.... I think she's very physically attractive but moreso in a handsome sort of way, not really pretty/beautiful. Then again, the director hooked up w/ her so...

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't hate her by any means but I still don't understand how she got the role of Snow White.... I think she's very physically attractive but moreso in a handsome sort of way, not really pretty/beautiful. Then again, the director hooked up w/ her so...
... Yeah. She was really miscast.

But she was by far not the worst part of that movie! :laugh: There was the script... and the acting... and the plot...

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do people love to hate Kristen Stewart?

The most common reasons I've heard for people hating Kristen Stewart:

1) Twilight sucks;
2) She doesn't deserve her popularity because she isn't that talented (with the exception of The Runaways, which she was really good in);
3) She's kind of a bitch in interviews and looks snootily unhappy in most of her photos*;
4) The cheating.
Pretty much this (haven't watch the movie).

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pretty much this (haven't watch the movie).
It's really good! I attribute her and Dakota Fanning's good acting to the director. Also, it let Kristen Stewart play a more surly and cranky role, which seems truer to how she is irl.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i kinda like her just because she looks like she's completely miserable all the time. like at least she isn't faking it. also this
kristenweed1.gif

G

Glycerine

Other possible reasons are:
lack of range in acting.
Fangirls are jealous because she gets to be close to their idol...(I always thought he looked high and drunk most of the time...).