User Tag List

123 Last

Default Why do people love to hate Kristen Stewart?

Not think she's a bad actor, or that Twilight is dumb, or disagree with some of her choices, but seemingly irrational hatred.

It's no different than the hatred towards Robert Pattinson, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton and pretty much anyone who's a celebrity. To me, it's all shrugworthy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Some people start to hate someone or something and soon it gets a mainstream trend which other people just follow blindly because it is "cool". Or do you think everyone who hates Twilight really watched the film or read the books? No, they say they would never want to watch that crap. But why would I hate it when I don't even know it?

I never watched or read Twilight and so I don't care. However, it is impossible to get around all that hatred spam about those things, and that stuff gets on your nerves inevitably.

It is same with stuff like Justin Bieber, before everyone suddenly started to hate him I never even heard about him and I still didn't listen to a song of him (or maybe / probably I heard it somehow in radio or something without knowing). If people wouldn't permanently spread how much they hate it, there wouldn't even be any / significantly less attention to those topics and people wouldn't have to get upset even more.

edit: Oh yeah, and then there is that Friday song. Admittedly it is annoying to me too, but I only heard it because everyone has to link it and demonstrate how much they get annoyed by it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i've noticed she got a lot more backlash for cheating than any male celebrity has. honestly, i never even thought her and robert pattinson were in a real relationship, i just thought it was a publicity thing. twilight fans are insane though, so they probably thought she was bella and he was edward and it was like bella was cheating on edward and crushed their dreams or whatever.

before this though, i think people didn't like her because she's a pretty introverted and socially awkward person, and i don't think was prepared to be in the spotlight the way she is. so probably doesn't seem grateful/gracious enough for people. plus she kinda publicly shits on/makes fun of twilight. i don't really blame her though, i'd have a hard time taking it seriously too.

i can't feel too bad for her though because she's RICH!!!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    It's no different than the hatred towards Robert Pattinson, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton and pretty much anyone who's a celebrity. To me, it's all shrugworthy.
    I wouldn't put her in the category of Paris or Kim K -- they're stupid. Kristen's kind of just average, nothing really spectacular. But as you say, they just hate her because of the irrational success of Twilight, which has been a kind of "free pass" for her. There are much more talented actors out there.

And then, as someone else mentioned, people hate fads even if the fad has some decent qualities. I don't think Inception was the best movie ever made, but I thought it good; and there was definitely an anti-Inception response to its unwarranted popularity. It was too popular, because a fad, and attracted h8rs.

'tis nature's way of striking a more equitable balance.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I wouldn't put her in the category of Paris or Kim K -- they're stupid. Kristen's kind of just average, nothing really spectacular. But as you say, they just hate her because of the irrational success of Twilight, which has been a kind of "free pass" for her. There are much more talented actors out there.

And then, as someone else mentioned, people hate fads even if the fad has some decent qualities. I don't think Inception was the best movie ever made, but I thought it good; and there was definitely an anti-Inception response to its unwarranted popularity. It was too popular, because a fad, and attracted h8rs.

'tis nature's way of striking a more equitable balance.
    Still love Inception, regardless of haters!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Part of the whole Twilight phenomenon is simultaneous embrace and rejection of what is widely recognized as mediocre - both the writing and the acting.

It's like washing your hands of it... if you admit it's bad up front, it's okay that you're reading or watching it. Then your taste isn't in question (even though you are choosing to spend your time on the same thing you are decrying).

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I wonder how much of the hatred is really envy in disguise? Someone suddenly becomes mega-successful seemingly out of nowhere even though there may be better actors or singers out there, they are the ones getting all the attention? So like @Jennifer said, it could be nature's way of a striking a more equitable balance?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

WALMART

Given the cult of personality around disliking Twilight, I feel she would only follow suit.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've similarly noted that a lot of women profess to loathe - not just not care for, or dislike a bit, but loathe - Keira Knightley.

I'm pretty convinced that it's because she's thin/rich/pretty. Women can be surprisingly nasty.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING