User Tag List

View Poll Results: How much effort do you put into your appearance on a typical day?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have designed "looks" and accessories and spend a significant amount of time pimping and styling

0 0%
  • I lay out my outfit the night before and spend about ant hour getting styling/primping.

1 5.26%
  • Ill get clean, choose an outfit and spend a few minute primping

13 68.42%
  • I get clean and throw something on. Don't bother looking the the mirror

5 26.32%
  • I don't bother to bathe

0 0%
123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Default How much effort to you put into your appearance on a typical day?

poll

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

About 5 minutes, but I mostly wake up looking this awesome.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

With shower usually about 20 min.

I don't dry my hair usually so I just shower put something on may or may not put on a lil lipstick and mascara in the car.

But every once and awhile I'll feel like dressing up and can take an hour or so if I'm being indecisive or maybe want to flat iron my hair.

That's not even once a month tho.

Dressing cute doesn't require a lot of effort tho IMO. You have the stuff in your closet and it doesn't take any longer to put on.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    With shower usually about 20 min.

I don't dry my hair usually so I just shower put something on may or may not put on a lil lipstick and mascara in the car.

But every once and awhile I'll feel like dressing up and can take an hour or so if I'm being indecisive or maybe want to flat iron my hair.

That's not even once a month tho.

Dressing cute doesn't require a lot of effort tho IMO. You have the stuff in your closet and it doesn't take any longer to put on.

It takes more time to get stuff to match and put on accessories and pick the shoes. more time than just throwing on whatever.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    It takes more time to get stuff to match and put on accessories and pick the shoes. more time than just throwing on whatever.
    Oh yeah!! You wanna argue with me some more today do ya!!??

No really... I don't think it does. I mean usually for me I would've already thought about what I felt like wearing... Maybe while I'm having coffee or in the shower but by the time I'm in my closet I'm usually just looking for whatever I've already decided to put on.

But maybe my idea of "cute" is less involved than yours. Haha

I mean... I usually mean... This skirt that shirt those shoes. Done.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

somewhere between two and 3. it's mostly "health" related stuff like putting on sunscreen and taking vitamins though unless you count the gym time. other than that, just shower and gel and shaving
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i used to never leave the house without makeup on but i've gotten way lazier or just stopped caring so i go without a lot. or just wear mascara.

most of the time it takes me to get ready probably involves finding clean clothes in my mess of a room.

MBTI
    INTP

Shower and shave when I need it. Brush my hair, maybe put some stuff in it. Make sure I don't smell and my clothes don't smell. If they're wrinkled I might iron them. Stay fit and wear sunscreen. Get enough sleep. Eat and drink healthy stuff. Throw out clothes that are permanently stained or torn, or downgrade them to yardwork-only. Try to keep only nice clothes and shoes that I don't mind being seen in.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Oh yeah!! You wanna argue with me some more today do ya!!??

No really... I don't think it does. I mean usually for me I would've already thought about what I felt like wearing... Maybe while I'm having coffee or in the shower but by the time I'm in my closet I'm usually just looking for whatever I've already decided to put on.

But maybe my idea of "cute" is less involved than yours. Haha

I mean... I usually mean... This skirt that shirt those shoes. Done.

No no no. Let's not fight!

I think we have the same idea of cute but different ideas of effort. Just thinking about clothing stresses me out. I don't start thinking about it until I'm out of the shower and dried off. Then I generally just grab some jeans and then pick out a shirt. I wear the same shoes (vans) everyday. So really the only decision is on the shirt and that typically is determined by how warm I predict the day will be. I don't generally use a mirror in the mornings.

I get very anxious about dressing myself.

On the days I'm working from home and not expecting any company, I shower post work out and then throw on some comfortable clothing in good shape (no holes, clean, pressed, etc). Still look okay so I'm not embarrassed when there are unexpected visitors like friends or family.

For days where I'm meeting with clients onsite, shower, full natural looking makeup, suit, heels, etc.

For days where I'm going out to run errands, shower, some or full natural makeup, to see friends and such like, jeans, heels, that sort of outfit.

For days of all the above, all the above.