User Tag List

View Poll Results: How much effort do you put into your appearance on a typical day?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have designed "looks" and accessories and spend a significant amount of time pimping and styling

0 0%
  • I lay out my outfit the night before and spend about ant hour getting styling/primping.

1 5.26%
  • Ill get clean, choose an outfit and spend a few minute primping

13 68.42%
  • I get clean and throw something on. Don't bother looking the the mirror

5 26.32%
  • I don't bother to bathe

0 0%
First 123

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    ehh... I guess the life situation is 1.) being single and 2.) wanting to not be shunned by my peers/ wanting to feel cool. I swing back and forth between wanting to be stylish and attractive and then being very resistant to the idea of having to put any effort into how I look. OR
    I do feel like I need help when it comes to clothes but maybe more my attitude around it? When I try to plan what I wear I feel like it just doesn't really work. I get an overwhelmed feeling at having to put together makeup and shoes and accesories and all the details. When I do dress up for special events (weddings/events) I usually have to spend a lot of time researching and usually I still go with something "safe". When I think about fashion it just seems frivolous and so when I invest time into is get sucked into this train of thought that is " this is stupid, I feel stupid, I don't want to do this". I know some people really enjoy getting dressed or doing their makeup but for me It's always just something I feel obligated to do. I feel stupid for dressing up or I feel like.....shame..... when not dressed up.
    Oh okay... Well my advice would be to figure out what kind of looks you like and go buy some stuff haha

Great advice huh!? Haha

No really I mean go through your stuff and get rid of anything you don't feel good in.

If everything in your closet is stuff you feel put together in then the effort is really minimal.

Just look at all your stuff and think of all the different things you can put together so you'll already know what works.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Why?
    Most males are going to select -

Ill get clean, choose an outfit and spend a few minute primping or
    I get clean and throw something on. Don't bother looking the the mirror

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

After grad school I stopped wearing makeup or using a curling iron. I tried to find professional looking clothes that felt like pajamas. Within the past year I started wearing makeup again and bought a curling iron, and spend about five minutes with that. I don't spend too much time finding clothes. I did start wearing earrings around age 30 to give my face color without having to put on makeup.

People react strongly to external cues, and so I've found life is easier with a little fluffing in the morning.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm a housewife/student, so I mostly dress however I want.

I wear jeans/shorts/capris and a baby doll style tee shirt with a hoodie most days. Sometimes I will wear a big tee shirt with something funny on it if I'm in a slobbier mood.

I wash my hair, use spray conditioner and let it air dry then brush it. I brush and sometimes floss my teeth. I rarely wear make-up. I use deodorant and body spray.

I wear jewelry: wedding ring, a necklace, and earrings. The same ones every day. They don't come off unless something weird is going on, like I'm making meatloaf and don't want gunk in my ring.

I have one pair of sandals for summer. I have a pair of clogs for the rest of the year. I wear one or the other at least 90% of the time.

Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to decide what shirt (Firefly, Weird Al, LOTR, Hitchiker's Guide, Discworld, WoW?) and hoodie I want to wear, but I sually I take 15-30 mins to get ready unless I linger in the tub or I get distracted.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Males an females should have different polls me thinks.
    Males have poles. Females broke theirs off. Which is why it's maybe good to tell a girl she might not get to touch sometimes.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Most males are going to select -

Ill get clean, choose an outfit and spend a few minute primping or
    I get clean and throw something on. Don't bother looking the the mirror
    What about the metrosexuals? or the patrick batemans? or the male cast of Jersey shore and their followers?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Oh okay... Well my advice would be to figure out what kind of looks you like and go buy some stuff haha

Great advice huh!? Haha

No really I mean go through your stuff and get rid of anything you don't feel good in.

If everything in your closet is stuff you feel put together in then the effort is really minimal.

Just look at all your stuff and think of all the different things you can put together so you'll already know what works.

I but stuff....I just can't make it work. but anyways

from the moment i get out of bed and
    out of the door it's like under 15min.
    10 min shower and 5 min get dressed.
    i just throw on whatever. i don't wear
    the kind of clothes you have to separate
    from work and personal...i have an
    easy time pulling an outfit together.

i don't wear a lot of makeup, and can
    put all that on in the car. i always
    dry my hair in the car by sticking it
    out the window.

but man, it's the getting out of bed
    that takes me forever. some
    mornings i lay in bed with my bf
    for like 1-2 hours before i go shower.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Barely any. I used to be self-conscious during high school and somewhat afterwards, but I barely even wash my face now lol (about once a week.. it really isn't that dirty anyways. Natural oils are better actually. I don't even get zit breakouts anymore). Haven't shaved for a while either. I'd rather be left alone and keep to myself so I wear a bathrobe all day. Kind of like Hugh Hefner. Except without the hot chicks.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

I am the schlub.
    ( . )( . )