• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much effort to you put into your appearance on a typical day?

How much effort do you put into your appearance on a typical day?

• I have designed "looks" and accessories and spend a significant amount of time pimping and styling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I lay out my outfit the night before and spend about ant hour getting styling/primping.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Ill get clean, choose an outfit and spend a few minute primping

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • I get clean and throw something on. Don't bother looking the the mirror

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I don't bother to bathe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ehh... I guess the life situation is 1.) being single and 2.) wanting to not be shunned by my peers/ wanting to feel cool. I swing back and forth between wanting to be stylish and attractive and then being very resistant to the idea of having to put any effort into how I look. :scruples: :smile: OR :harley:
I do feel like I need help when it comes to clothes but maybe more my attitude around it? When I try to plan what I wear I feel like it just doesn't really work. I get an overwhelmed feeling at having to put together makeup and shoes and accesories and all the details. When I do dress up for special events (weddings/events) I usually have to spend a lot of time researching and usually I still go with something "safe". When I think about fashion it just seems frivolous and so when I invest time into is get sucked into this train of thought that is " this is stupid, I feel stupid, I don't want to do this". I know some people really enjoy getting dressed or doing their makeup but for me It's always just something I feel obligated to do. I feel stupid for dressing up or I feel like.....shame..... when not dressed up.

Oh okay... Well my advice would be to figure out what kind of looks you like and go buy some stuff haha

Great advice huh!? Haha

No really I mean go through your stuff and get rid of anything you don't feel good in.

If everything in your closet is stuff you feel put together in then the effort is really minimal.

Just look at all your stuff and think of all the different things you can put together so you'll already know what works.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After grad school I stopped wearing makeup or using a curling iron. I tried to find professional looking clothes that felt like pajamas. Within the past year I started wearing makeup again and bought a curling iron, and spend about five minutes with that. I don't spend too much time finding clothes. I did start wearing earrings around age 30 to give my face color without having to put on makeup.

People react strongly to external cues, and so I've found life is easier with a little fluffing in the morning.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm a housewife/student, so I mostly dress however I want.

I wear jeans/shorts/capris and a baby doll style tee shirt with a hoodie most days. Sometimes I will wear a big tee shirt with something funny on it if I'm in a slobbier mood.

I wash my hair, use spray conditioner and let it air dry then brush it. I brush and sometimes floss my teeth. I rarely wear make-up. I use deodorant and body spray.

I wear jewelry: wedding ring, a necklace, and earrings. The same ones every day. They don't come off unless something weird is going on, like I'm making meatloaf and don't want gunk in my ring.

I have one pair of sandals for summer. I have a pair of clogs for the rest of the year. I wear one or the other at least 90% of the time.

Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to decide what shirt (Firefly, Weird Al, LOTR, Hitchiker's Guide, Discworld, WoW?) and hoodie I want to wear, but I sually I take 15-30 mins to get ready unless I linger in the tub or I get distracted.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Males an females should have different polls me thinks.

Males have poles. Females broke theirs off. Which is why it's maybe good to tell a girl she might not get to touch sometimes.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Most males are going to select -

Ill get clean, choose an outfit and spend a few minute primping or
I get clean and throw something on. Don't bother looking the the mirror

What about the metrosexuals? or the patrick batemans? or the male cast of Jersey shore and their followers?

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh okay... Well my advice would be to figure out what kind of looks you like and go buy some stuff haha

Great advice huh!? Haha

No really I mean go through your stuff and get rid of anything you don't feel good in.

If everything in your closet is stuff you feel put together in then the effort is really minimal.

Just look at all your stuff and think of all the different things you can put together so you'll already know what works.

I but stuff....I just can't make it work. :shrug: but :roundthnx: anyways

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
from the moment i get out of bed and
out of the door it's like under 15min.
10 min shower and 5 min get dressed.
i just throw on whatever. i don't wear
the kind of clothes you have to separate
from work and personal...i have an
easy time pulling an outfit together.

i don't wear a lot of makeup, and can
put all that on in the car. i always
dry my hair in the car by sticking it
out the window.

but man, it's the getting out of bed
that takes me forever. some
mornings i lay in bed with my bf
for like 1-2 hours before i go shower.

KDude

Barely any. I used to be self-conscious during high school and somewhat afterwards, but I barely even wash my face now lol (about once a week.. it really isn't that dirty anyways. Natural oils are better actually. I don't even get zit breakouts anymore). Haven't shaved for a while either. I'd rather be left alone and keep to myself so I wear a bathrobe all day. Kind of like Hugh Hefner. Except without the hot chicks.