User Tag List

View Poll Results: How much effort do you put into your appearance on a typical day?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have designed "looks" and accessories and spend a significant amount of time pimping and styling

0 0%
  • I lay out my outfit the night before and spend about ant hour getting styling/primping.

1 5.26%
  • Ill get clean, choose an outfit and spend a few minute primping

13 68.42%
  • I get clean and throw something on. Don't bother looking the the mirror

5 26.32%
  • I don't bother to bathe

0 0%
First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    No no no. Let's not fight!

I think we have the same idea of cute but different ideas of effort. Just thinking about clothing stresses me out. I don't start thinking about it until I'm out of the shower and dried off. Then I generally just grab some jeans and then pick out a shirt. I wear the same shoes (vans) everyday. So really the only decision is on the shirt and that typically is determined by how warm I predict the day will be. I don't generally use a mirror in the mornings.

I get very anxious about dressing myself.

well on days where i'm just home and not going anywhere other than the store or out for coffee or whatever i do the same...just go in my closet and grab a shirt and some jeans/skirt.

i guess the extra effort i put into it on days that it matters more...really is just the thinking about it beforehand.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well on days where i'm just home and not going anywhere other than the store or out for coffee or whatever i do the same...just go in my closet and grab a shirt and some jeans/skirt.

i guess the extra effort i put into it on days that it matters more...really is just the thinking about it beforehand.

DO you have a good mental inventory? The ability to recall everything you have and mentally combine them? I feel like I don't have a good mental inventory. My ESFJ friend has like a complete mental list of everything she owns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

DO you have a good mental inventory? The ability to recall everything you have and mentally combine them? I feel like I don't have a good mental inventory. My ESFJ friend has like a complete mental list of everything she owns.
    yeah i do for sure. i couldn't tell you what a friend was wearing earlier today at lunch but if i picked it out and have worn it with this or that several times then yeah of course.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Excluding everything else like showering and brushing teeth.

If I am wearing more formal clothing... I just need to take a few minutes to iron out any creases.

After putting on clothes, just a quick gel.

That is as far as appearance goes.

With the whole ordeal, I'd say 5 minutes with formal clothing (includes ironing, which takes up most of the time)

and not even a minute just for casual clothes

Riva

Males an females should have different polls me thinks.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Do you have a life situation that requires you to put effort into what you put on?

Do you feel like you need help in putting things together?
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Used to spend more.

Occasionally I'll set up my outfit the night before just to avoid wasting time in the morning.

I shower, flat-iron my hair, get dressed, toss on some foundation, put on some rings and bracelets and earrings, and then I'm out the door. I'll put on eyeliner and eyebrow powder sitting at the light near work.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

lol the poll says "pimping and styling"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Do you have a life situation that requires you to put effort into what you put on?

Do you feel like you need help in putting things together?

ehh... I guess the life situation is 1.) being single and 2.) wanting to not be shunned by my peers/ wanting to feel cool. I swing back and forth between wanting to be stylish and attractive and then being very resistant to the idea of having to put any effort into how I look. OR
    I do feel like I need help when it comes to clothes but maybe more my attitude around it? When I try to plan what I wear I feel like it just doesn't really work. I get an overwhelmed feeling at having to put together makeup and shoes and accesories and all the details. When I do dress up for special events (weddings/events) I usually have to spend a lot of time researching and usually I still go with something "safe". When I think about fashion it just seems frivolous and so when I invest time into is get sucked into this train of thought that is " this is stupid, I feel stupid, I don't want to do this". I know some people really enjoy getting dressed or doing their makeup but for me It's always just something I feel obligated to do. I feel stupid for dressing up or I feel like.....shame..... when not dressed up.

EDIT: EXCEPT! when it comes to costumes. I am the master of costumes. I think because there is the element on accuracy. A clear definition of whether or not what you are wearing looks "right". Plus it's super fun escapism. I love costumes...a lot.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Males an females should have different polls me thinks.

Why?