• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Marvel Studio's Phase II...

Which Phase Two movie are you most looking forward to?

• Iron Man 3

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier

• Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Ant-Man

• Total voters

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
The line-up, Ladies and Gentlemen:

• Iron Man 3
  • Thor: The Dark World
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Ant-Man

Personally, I'm most interested in Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm getting tired of the typical "superhero" movie, and this project promises to break up the monotony of such.

Plus it features a catch-phrase spewing humanoid tree and a potty mouth extraterrestrial raccoon who has a knack for heavy weaponry and ass-kicking. Strange, but novel.

Imagine if they crossover in the second The Avengers. Tony Stark meets Rocket Raccoon?
Can you even imagine the initial reaction and subsequent banter?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man, since they're the two original movies on the list.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Ant-Man should be alright. If I'm not mistaken, Edgar Wright is spearheading the project, so...
If he somehow involves Nick Frost and Simon Pegg, I'm there without question.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been disappointed too much in hero properties in the past to get excited about a completely new one until I get a feel for it.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Get a feel of this:

marvel-confirms-guardians-of-the-galaxy-and-ant-man-at-comic-con-108330-1000-100.jpg

Looks cool. Large scale. Alien, with hints of absurd humor.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a picture.

As a comparable example, I think the Fantastic Four has rocked over the years in the comic and in pictures, but their movies have sucked. I think Watchmen rocked in the comic but the movie sucked.

So yeah, I think I'll wait until they actually get something up on the board so I can track how they're handling it.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Concept art. Usually sets the tone of the picture. I like it.
As a movie Watchmen was crap. Like The Fantastic Four, it is practically impossible to translate to film.

Speaking of which: Marvel was actually willing to let Fox keep the Daredevil character in exchange for Galactus and Silver Surfer.
Those bastards at Fox wouldn't budge, so the rights of "The Man with No Fear" have reverted back to Marvel.

Since Marvel is going "cosmic", it is incomplete without Surfer and the World Eater.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
What's the deal with heroes (or are they villains) standing on a precipice and posing.
And some times pulling a Captain Morgan with their foot up on a rock/skull/corpse/dragon.
Or holding sword aloft...