• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tweetpoems

Mole

Permabanned
I have joined the twitterati and I am trying to find my feet.

My present aim is to write very short poems during the day and tweet them.

Already my posts on Central are becoming shorter and shorter, so why not join Twitter?

This will also be part of my Oedipus Project - coming to consciously understand my relationship with my mother, and starting to grow up and start to look after myself.

Mole

Permabanned
Will you post some here too?

Poems are usually coralled into poetry books or poetry threads, and when they dare to break out, they are quickly put back into their place. Poems are strangely enough offensive when they invade our normal, everyday, quotidian space.

But my aim is to break the bonds of poetry. I tried last night with this short poem, "We can smell the child abuse on Monroe's breath and taste the suicide on her tongue". I posted this on twitter to a Marilyn Monroe twitter site, and it was immediately banned and removed. So we can start to see the power of poetry as it breaks free from its confines.

Pussy Riot, for instance, broke the bounds by singing a poem about Putin to the Virgin Mary in church and caused such offense, they are sentenced to two years in jail. But by taking poetry out of the poetry books, Pussy Riot revealed the nature of Russia today to the electronic media.