• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tameshigiri - art of cutting

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Does anyone have more stuff like this to see? It's rather impressive!

It takes skill and control to cut like that. The raw egg cut and the flower cuts are particularly impressive, as well as the bottle cuts and the watermelon cut. All of them are probably very difficult - if I tried it I'd probably only send the object across the room. :unsure:

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
slow motion effects are beautiful. epic video. lol@soda cut. nice accuracy on the flower cuts.

btw, someone should make a game or something where theres fruit and stuff being thrown up into the air and you have to cut it with a sword like that like a ninja :ninja:

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- if I tried it I'd probably only send the object across the room. :unsure:

Awww, don't underestimate yourself! If you stick to light targets (Water bottles and fruit for example) and have a decent blade, you should be more worried about the blade continuing through your target and catching something on the other side than batting it away. :D (Disclaimer: Don't expect to have rediculously clean cuts like in the video, though. Nor am I advocating that anyone who has never held a sword before should go out and pick up a live blade and start swinging it around... :laugh:)

But, yeah, it's both amazing and beautiful, isn't it? A blade larger than a baseball bat being capable of such clean precise cuts is nothing short of amazing, in my opinion.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
slow motion effects are beautiful. epic video. lol@soda cut. nice accuracy on the flower cuts.

btw, someone should make a game or something where theres fruit and stuff being thrown up into the air and you have to cut it with a sword like that like a ninja :ninja:

Hah I'd totally play that! I bet some indie developer has or will make one somewhere.

I found a new video - this guy is crazy! He like cuts out the bottom and its still standing and he cuts it above where he first cut it, some times in the same direction which seems like it would be really hard because it's cutting in the direction that it would most easily fall without just knocking it over.

Pinker85

1319627172_isao.jpg

Isao Machii. Seriously.

I wanna have his superhuman babies. He's so sexy. *drools*

[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsAC5ni0w6Q"][/YOUTUBE]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The raw egg cut and the flower cuts are particularly impressive

Those were the ones I was most impressed with as well. That egg, I wasn't sure whether it was raw or not until after --- what a clean slice.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
1319627172_isao.jpg

Isao Machii. Seriously.

I wanna have his superhuman babies. He's so sexy. *drools*

[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsAC5ni0w6Q"][/YOUTUBE]

Spectacular! I wanted to see more of this guy. Thanks!

Edit: The BB cut and iron cut are kinda just for fun and show but that pea bean cut is probably the most impressive horizontal cut I've ever seen - the comment in the video is right, even a slight mistake in the angle and it doesn't cut, it just flies away instead, plus it's only a few mm high coming from the side like that.