User Tag List

123 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Default Endings you wish you never knew.

Ever read a book, seen a movie or anime or anything similar that had an ending you wish you never seen?

Today I am adding this one to the list.
    Phantom: Requiem of Phantom (Anime)

There were a few tragedies in the story that I'd have rather seen ending more positively but could understand as part of the story, but the ending was uncalled for, and didn't even make much sense. Such a downer.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

I thought the ending of the TV series "Reaper" was pretty bad.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Source Code -- the movie should have cut off about 8 minutes before the ending that was released. Not that it was terrible, but it was definitely much more powerful if the director had gone for the non-feel-good ending.

Highlander -- Everything was decent until the final battle, and right afterwards suddenly all that crazy special effects / spooky demon shit seemed to come out of left field and change the tone of the movie + the final minute or two was just kind of goofy. Which is too bad, because I consider the OPENING of that movie to be one of the best movie openings I've seen (narration -- then blackness/silence-- then Queen BLAMMO just kicks in with a solid wall of harmony).

The Heritage of Shannara sequence by Terry Brooks -- a four-book series which had its ups and downs but some pretty good ups in spots... and suddenly he wraps up a four-book series in the space of about four pages. It was the craziest thing I've seen... when reading it, I remember thinking that either the publisher stiffed him for pages or he had missed deadline and had no time to actually funnel back out satisfyingly.

Berke Breathed's Bloom County -- and I'm not referring to the actual run of Bloom County (which was great) but to this whole Outland and Opus business where he tried to do something new, struggled, and ended up diving back into BLoom County crap again but not nearly as good. he should have just ended it and kept it ended.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

game of thrones season 1, why did you kill Ned Stark? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????

also, kinda the inheritance series, i mean they killed the king and all, but afterwards Eragon and Arya were just like "lol, ok, imma leave now and well nvr see eachother again, so ya, bye, no words about our unspoken feelings for eachother or anything"

inb4someoneSaysSopranos
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post
    inb4someoneSaysSopranos
    I didn't think that was bad at all.. I think that last scene was trying to show they'd go about their lives looking like a normal family.. like it was all just a story of one nameless family out of millions. But you never really know what people are behind that image.

WALMART

Red Dead Redemption

I remember staring at the screen in disbelief... very few times have media brought me to such wonder.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Red Dead Redemption

I remember staring at the screen in disbelief... very few times have media brought me to such wonder.
    i have blocked this from my memory and you have brought it back... i think i mightve actually cried during this ending though. I should play that game again...

back on topic, pretending the whole world doesnt already know the story and the shock value hasnt been lost for about 350 years, romeo and juliet. think about it, if you were seeing it for the first time... what would your reaction be to them killing themselves?
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Ender

Agree about Romeo and Juliet.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

For Whom The Bell Tolls. And the tv series Lost. And the movie American History X.

I'm sure there's more, but those are the only ones that immediately come to mind.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

The entire last third of the movie "Hancock".
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!