User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Huh. Seems to be two to three trains of thought here:

1. Endings that weren't necessarily bad, but were depressing.

2. Endings that were done terribly, but to stories that needed some kind of ending.

3. (Some overlap with 2) Endings that kind took away the mystery to a story in some way and just shouldn't have been included / explained too much.

I guess Sopranos would fall into a 4th group, the opposite of 3, endings that didn't explain enough.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INFJ

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is a whole thing that I kinda wish I never knew.

Not that it wasn't good, it was awesome. But way too many feels for me. It was nearly traumatic for me.

Also, Death Note.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

There are more things that might come in my mind, but nothing beats the ending of the game C&C Tiberian Twilight (luckily I didn't buy it because the game itself is crap too, watched only the endings on Youtube).

There is also another ending for GDI but I guess when you have seen this ending already you don't want to see the other anymore.

Oh yeah and thanks EA for ruining a once great game series in a way no sane mind would have been able to foresee.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    There are more things that might come in my mind, but nothing beats the ending of the game C&C Tiberian Twilight (luckily I didn't buy it because the game itself is crap too, watched only the endings on Youtube).

There is also another ending for GDI but I guess when you have seen this ending already you don't want to see the other anymore.

Oh yeah and thanks EA for ruining a once great game series in a way no sane mind would have been able to foresee.
    Wow, that is pretty bad. And people get paid to do this?? I've seen better fan made productions than this.

Edit: And geeze, there's apparently strict DRM on this game too where you have to be online at all times or it doesn't work. The hell were they thinking? That's some pretty egotistical shit right there considering that it probably isn't even worth stealing.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Mass Effect 3 ending.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    The entire last third of the movie "Hancock".
    Lol. Yeah, the movie had such potential but kind of took a weird twist and didn't go anywhere.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The Mist has a mindfuck of an ending. ISTJ and ESFJ brothers were astonished + frustrated. I just laughed at everyone's reaction at the cinema.

Not necessarily bad, but very disturbing and fairly illogical.

Well, the whole movie is sort of illogical, anyways. Don't recommend.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Agreed on American History X.. Menace to Society was another I didn't take any joy out of. I couldnt even call these movies 'good'.. It would imply I enjoyed them. They got their message across, and they were powerful, but I could have done without it.

The ending of The Darkangel trilogy by Merideth Ann Pierce.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

The ending of Sunshine by Danny Boyle was just unbelievably shit. I am not a big Boyle fan but at least the first two thirds of the movie were beautifully shot, philosophical and intriguing and then Boyle (SPOILER ALERT) decided to turn this whole thing into a slasher/ horror movie. He promised that he would deal in the movie with the conflict between science and faith, which is a great subject, but all Boyle did was to send a crazed, religious zealot through the spaceship who killed off members of the crew while uttering such great lines as: "I spoke with God. He told me to take us all to Heaven." Really Boyle? As a Christian I actually feel offended that that's all you have to offer on the subject.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The conclusion to the third book of Pullman's "His Dark Materials" story. A stupid fight. A stupid/thoughtless view of god not worthy of the rest of the story. It was a shame, I really really found the first two books to be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    The Mist has a mindfuck of an ending. ISTJ and ESFJ brothers were astonished + frustrated. I just laughed at everyone's reaction at the cinema.

Not necessarily bad, but very disturbing and fairly illogical.

Well, the whole movie is sort of illogical, anyways. Don't recommend.
    That was one of those movies for me that was spoiled by my reading the novella years and years ago. Not only did my imagination do a better job at "filming the picture" in my head, but the ending of the story was far more provocative and poignant than the cheaper ending promoted by the movie; but, as with much of King's writing, things that work beautifully on the page just don't translate nearly as well into the cinematic medium.

They definitely did go for the "cheap shock value" in the movie ending, which is TOTALLY different from the tone set by the story. I think I was amused, surprised, and disgusted, while also being slightly admiring of the panache involved. ("Wow. They actually had the balls to do that.")

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I guess Sopranos would fall into a 4th group, the opposite of 3, endings that didn't explain enough.
    I think I read one of those top ten lists a few months ago (on a site comprised entirely of them, kind of like Cracked articles), where they discussed movies/shows with actual footage that was filmed/scripted but never shot or edited into the picture that would have changed the tone/ending of the story.

The Sopranos finale was one of those, and it involved a snippet that would have been tagged right on the end of the last scene of the finale, that would have entirely changed the ending.

RE: Lost.... I would agree in the sense of the entire last season or two (I think the best seasons were starting with Ben Linus' arrival under a pseudonym up through maybe halfway through Season 4.) The last season or two struggled, and the exposition of Jacob and the Man in Black was not worthy of the mystery preceding it. I don't really know what happened, it just lost its way somewhere...

But I would disagree about the very VERY ending. I think the very VERY ending (maybe the last fifteen minutes of the show) was about the best ending the series could have made, and the Jack sequence was exactly what I thought the ending was going to be ever since the first season or two. I think they knew that bit when they shot the first episode.

(And then of course, ABC proceeded to muck it up by adding those confusing pictures of the wreckage on the beach. That wasn't Abrams, that was ABC tinkering with things and in the process confusing some viewers.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft