User Tag List

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default NFL Fantasy Football league?

I think I asked this in years past, but didn't generate a lot of interest. Anyone here interested in doing a small fantasy football league?

Really, all you need is a general knowledge of players and a little bit of time to check it once a week. Even if you've never done one before, this might be a good chance to learn. We could keep a thread going here and help each other out as we go. It doesn't have to be terribly competitive (since I gather we don't have a lot of people who have ever done it).

Just poking some people who have posted in NFL threads before: @swordpath @JocktheMotie @KDude @EffEmDoubleyou @DiscoBiscuit @Lateralus @You @Phthalate
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

I would play, but only if we had a live draft. I've played in leagues before where you set up a list for autodraft and it sucks. This should be fun!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

figsfiggyfigs

The only fantasy league I follow is that of The League. I'd honestly join if I knew anything about football or their players, because fantasy football looks quiet fun.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Is this on Yahoo?

I used to run a league for like a decade until people slowly stopped playing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yes I would play. I love games.

Is it any different from just picking winners?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I would play, but only if we had a live draft. I've played in leagues before where you set up a list for autodraft and it sucks. This should be fun!
    I've never done anything but a live draft. So I probably wouldn't go for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    The only fantasy league I follow is that of The League. I'd honestly join if I knew anything about football or their players, because fantasy football looks quiet fun.
    The League is fantastic. And really, there's a lot of resources online (and even on the draft screen) that rank players for you. There's a couple nuances to drafting that you'd probably have trouble with (like players will have "Bye" weeks, and you don't want to grab 2 Wide Receivers or 2 quarterbacks who are on Bye the same week or you run into problems), but I don't expect this to be a crazy competitive league... So we should be able to help you through it each week. Part of the fun of fantasy football is talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Is this on Yahoo?
    Either yahoo or espn.com has them. I don't have a preference either way, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Yes I would play. I love games.

Is it any different from just picking winners?
    You pick specific players, and what they accomplish in the game gets points. So for example, a wide receiver will get points for catching a pass (the longer the pass, the more points), get points for how many yards he runs the ball, and lose points for a fumble. A quarterback will get points for how far he throws a complete pass, and lose points for throwing an interception.

There are a lot of resources online that rank players projected points, so you can get an idea of who is going to make the most.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

I'll play.

I have a preference for yahoo and a live draft.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Bump
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it