• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mother of all music surveys

Check all that apply, other folks can see what you pick.

• Total voters

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Electronic music mostly. Anything is fine to listen to once for the experience.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
i need a progressive rock option

I need that too.

I also need several other metal options.

There are more forms of metal than nearly (actually, probably, absolutely) anything else.

'Cause they're deliberately different from one another. It's a popular thing in metal.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Please post and tell us if you feel your favorites were not covered by the poll.

A few, but Tango nuevo, mainly.

I ticked most of those. I guess not new wave, metal, hip-hop, soft-rock, salsa.. they're just not my thing. But whatever, as long as the music's being heard.

World music generally.

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
i thought it was funny there are 74598475 options for guitar music, but just two for sequencers

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My votes:
Soft Rock/Pop
Rock
Classic Metal
Death Metal/Acid Metal
Indie/Goth/Emo

My preference is definitely for metal and rock. I'm more interested in metal from the 90s-2010s, but I do like some 80s groups. I'm not an elitist and I dig plenty of "fake" metal, particularly alternative metal, metalcore/deathcore, and nu metal. However, I do know my way around "acclaimed" metal as well. I am quite fond of death metal, particularly melodic death metal, although I do enjoy some technical death metal. I don't feel like listing bands because there's a lot and I'd rather just post them in the metal thread or something.

I probably shouldn't have voted Indie/Goth/Emo, but gothic metal and doom metal are subgenres I really like as well. Some Emo is interesting too (along the lines of Pg. 99 or City of Caterpillar) but it's not a genre I regularly seek.

I like pop and regular rock, but the thing is, I'm very picky about it. I'm a sucker for K-Pop and can spend hours of days listening to it, but I'll never turn on Top 40 radio (unless it's 80s pop, a huge "guilty pleasure" if I actually felt any guilt). For rock, the key thing for me is nostalgia. I love 2000s alternative bands like My Chemical Romance.

I thought about voting for New Wave, but I didn't think I enjoyed it enough to warrant a vote, and my knowledge of the genre is pretty basic, limited to the most popular groups like Talking Heads, Duran Duran, The Cure, Depeche Mode. I do enjoy it from time to time, though.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Needs a synthwave option as well. I’m not clicking them because I’d end up clicking all of them.