• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Guitar

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I was playing my guitar today (as I do), today I warmed up with My Michelle and Patience before playing along to Welcome to the Jungle, You Could Be Mine, Estranged, Back From Cali, Sweet Child O' Mine, Locomotive and then I tried to pull of Burning of the Midnight Lamp by Hendrix, was great, I have a bunch of guitars I had customised and rebuilt, I used my Gibson Les Paul Standard Custom Shop that I had Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II Pro Humbuckers put in.

Today was cool and playing Welcome to the Jungle, today, felt real cool, I loved it, loved it all, but, Welcome to the Jungle, was cool because it was the first song I played along to today and, right away I knew I was in tune and everything and, had a blast! - That guitar I use, is fucking great.

Also earlier, I was playing this riff I wrote too, ealier in the day, I was playing it/around with it/writing it; was cool.

Do you play?

Pinker85

I started playing again after eight or so years not playing. I actually just took a break from playing this morning, because I keep fucking up which is frustrating me. I'm trying to play Yellow by Coldplay. I have a Takamine vintage steel-string acoustic guitar. It's actually a really nice guitar that I got for a good deal on CL. Do you have yourself playing posted anywhere? I might post when I stop sucking so hardcore. It'd be neat to turn this thread into a post of us playing as well. I'm not yet at the point I'm "having a blast" more like pushing myself for every little bit of non-suckage . . . which truth be told, feels damn good when it happens.

I just wish my voice was better. :p

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I started playing again after eight or so years not playing. I actually just took a break from playing this morning, because I keep fucking up which is frustrating me. I'm trying to play Yellow by Coldplay. I have a Takamine vintage steel-string acoustic guitar. It's actually a really nice guitar that I got for a good deal on CL. Do you have yourself playing posted anywhere? I might post when I stop sucking so hardcore. It'd be neat to turn this thread into a post of us playing as well. I'm not yet at the point I'm "having a blast" more like pushing myself for every little bit of non-suckage . . . which truth be told, feels damn good when it happens.

I just wish my voice was better. :p
I don't know any Coldplay... I've heard of them, don't know their songs though...
I have now... Me playing guitar posted on TypeC;

(and did so before). I'd try find them. For finding them, sharing them, showing them and smiling's sake; or whatever, I am proud but there's a lot/some stuff that I would change, do better.

<- INTP and self taught (at first) - Only later did I learn stuff from other guitarists and tutors and such, but at the start, when I got into guitar, it was just like 'me meeting the guitar' and playing it on my terms...

Before that, I was 12/13 when THAT^ happened, before that, when I was like 9, 10, around then, people did try and teach me chords, and, fore that, I thought that single notes were all chords and listening to Slash solos... Young Me thought that guitar was the hardest sh*t/thing in the world... I was taught my notes on the piano when I was like 5 or 6, maybe even 4!
So I used to play the piano a lot.

This is me, now.

I'm 25, right now, my last YouTube video was recorded in March 2012.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Tp3nxNqHs"]Double Talkin' Jive Backing Track + Myself[/YOUTUBE]

I redesign old/broken electric guitars and have them rebuilt to how I want it.
I have 15 guitars. Ish'

This is my most favourite of all guitars :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_MBtdBpc54"]Welcome to the Jungle Backing Track + Myself[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvYHwpNmdQ&feature=relmfu"]N.E.R.D - Lapdance + Myself[/YOUTUBE]

I called those videos testing my gear because, I was, I just got my 1996 Red Sparkle Top Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard from my guitar guy's workshop after he installed a set of Seymour Duncan APH-1s... I just got in, was so excited (had been practising all day), I strapped on my guitar and started recording.

First of all I want to thank that user who repped my Sweet Child O' Mine 1986 Version Cover (2010 Year of the Tiger Version); Thank you. In answer to your question, that video stopped early because... That was like take 2 and after that take I was like... 'I got it.' and the first take I think I fucked up on the intro before the bass. - It stopped early because my camera ran out of battery and.... I got what I wanted.

This is for both shits, and giggles...

Double post*** Thank you thread starter.... :D

Moi.

I'm just wondering if you've got any guitar vids now. :)

I have...

1996 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard Red Sparkle Top that I had customised with Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II pickups.
1960's Framus Hollywood that I had rebuilt to how I wanted it because it was dilapidated once.
Aardvark Tele/Strat - Strat body, Tele electronics and bridge, acoustic neck profile, Mother of Pearl fretboard inlays and a bone truss rod! - I had this guitar refretted in 2009.

And a bunch of other guitars I had rebuilt and customised and fixed.

Pinker85

Wow, impressive. I've only ever played acoustic guitars and mostly pop/alternative/folk, but you sound really good. Thanks for posting these!

I don't have any guitar vids. I'm still trying not to suck. :p I might post something soonish, but you've set the bar pretty high.

Unfortunately, I can't really offer much in the way of knowledge of building guitars. I've owned two acoustic guitars in my life, a super mass produced not so great one made by fender when I was really young, and now this Takamine, which is actually pretty nice. I'm thinking about painting my guitar, though. Its pretty, but I like customizing things. Probably spirals and waves of funky colors. There's a really good youtube vid on the process involved to paint a guitar, so hopefully, when I find the time.

Last edited:

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I play my best with a medium pick (60 MM or somewhere around there). I can play without it, but I prefer to use one. the only thing I can't do without a pick are power chords and muted strings, and believe it or not i'm more comfortable doing finger style WITH a pick :shrug:

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks to this photo of Slash in a guitar magazine I have that came out this year with him doing something with his hand made me rethink how I hold a pick, and, I feel it's better for it.

Instead of holding the pick with my index, thumb and middle finger, I hold the pick my index, thumb, middle finger and rim, and my hand looks like that photo I saw only, Slash wasn't holding a guitar or even a pick, he was just doing something weird with his hand for the photo and, yeah, that's my practise, and it's good.
The tone's more bolder and the sustain is there 'more', but for me, I incorperated it into my playing.
I use a Jim Dunlop Turtle 1.14 because... I just did anyway and was pleased when I found out on snakepit.org that Slash used it too... I was like 16 when I found that little fact out.