User Tag List

First 1234 Last

The funny thing about the original is how Arnold was supposed to be a naive, average Joe. "Douglas Quaid". That's about the only thing I can see an improvement upon in a remake. He's supposed to slowly discover he's some badass secret agent. But being Arnold, it's totally obvious he's going to fuck everyone up from the start. There's that scene where his coworker and some others ambushes him and he kills him bear handed.. and he acts shocked and scared about it, and goes crying to his wife. It doesn't exactly fit.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    The remake is only PG-13?.
    Its is a big warning flag for me. Usually, PG-13 for an action flick, especially a summer remake of an R rated, means 'fuck all' low production cash grab.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Vizconde View Post
    Its is a big warning flag for me. Usually, PG-13 for an action flick, especially a summer remake of an R rated, means 'fuck all' low production cash grab.
    This.

The tendency to push films to pg-13 to try and capture the largest audience has turned me off most pg-13 movies.

My mind instantly gives more artist cred to an R film.

WALMART

two weeks, lol.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

How dare they remake this.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I actually think the remake looks better. Darker, grittier, with a bit more of a edge. I think the original was a bit comical. Schwarzenegger is a terrible actor and the costuming was ridiculous. Of course I saw it more than 10 years after it came out.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ISTx

Bryan Cranston will be in this.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    the original was a bit comical. Schwarzenegger is a terrible actor and the costuming was ridiculous.
    That's why it should not be re-made.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    That's why it should not be re-made.
    Yeah, I hear you. Take a look at the trailer though, it actually looks quite a bit better especially on the big screen.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMhADqlPYg"]Total Recall Trailer[/YOUTUBE]
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Yeah, I hear you. Take a look at the trailer though, it actually looks quite a bit better especially on the big screen.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMhADqlPYg"]Total Recall Trailer[/YOUTUBE]
    It depends on how you define "better."

I'm mostly just joking, though. The old one was shitty and hilarious because of its badness. The problem is that this new one may look better, but it will probably be just as shitty...and it will lack that essential absurd quality that made the first one so hilarious because they wanted it to be good and not campy.