User Tag List

12311 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Default The Dark Knight Rises

Who has a feeling Bats is gonna bite the dust in this one?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Alfred is going to out live em' all. Clever old bastard, he is.
    Batty is going to die heroically in a blaze of fire or something. Hollywood does not know any other ending for the protagonists.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Batman is gonna die blowing up the Death Star

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I thought he would realize his life was empty and meaningless without God, convert to Mormonism, the spirit would move upon Bane, and they could be elder twins going door to door in Gotham while Catwoman gives up thievery to become a nun.

However, since Kirk Cameron wasn't available to play Bruce wayne this time out, I'm just figuring Bats is going to die saving Gotham. It makes the most sense.

... Rotten Tomatoes had a high 90's ranking earlier today for it; I have a tentative feeling of anticipation. This MIGHT be my best movie experience of the summer... I hope.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I thought he would realize his life was empty and meaningless without God, convert to Mormonism, the spirit would move upon Bane, and they could be elder twins going door to oor in Gotham while Catwoman gives up thievery to become a nun.

However, since Kirk Cameron wasn't available to play Bruce wayne this time out, I'm just figuring Bats is going to die saving Gotham. It makes the most sense.

... Rotten Tomatoes had a high 90's ranking earlier today for it; I have a tentative feeling of anticipation. This MIGHT be my best movie experience of the summer... I hope.
    Two thoughts:

1) If Kirk Cameron played Bruce Wayne I would have to go on a baby-seal-punching rampage
    2) I think he's either going to die or realize that he can't be Batman forever and give it up for good.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

KIRK CAMERON IS A BETTER BRUCE WAYNE THAN CLOONEY.
    But seriously.

Nolan laid the Christ allegory on rather heavy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    KIRK CAMERON IS A BETTER BRUCE WAYNE THAN CLOONEY.
    But seriously.
    I thought you were being serious.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

...Why so serious?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sooo.....there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum... and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape!

So they get up onto the roof, and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moon light... stretching away to freedom.

Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend didn't dare make the leap. Y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea... He says 'Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!'

But the second guy just shakes his head. He says... He says 'What do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!"

MBTI
    INFJ