• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dark Knight Rises

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why not show their faces?

It was part of the plot. Why did the story include that element? You can make some educated guesses, I'm sure.

But honestly, the kids were symbolic. The movie pov was Cobb.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If this movie is part of the DC Universe, then where's Superman?

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
If this movie is part of the DC Universe, then where's Superman?

Wait a few years...A Justice League movie is being scripted as we speak.
Snyder's Superman is rumored to be the launching point.

I have returned from the Air & Space Museum IMAX and I must admit it vastly improved on second viewing.
The first feature-length picture I've seen in real IMAX and everything pales in comparison.

I also found it odd that the admission was cheaper than the pseudo-IMAX featured in theater chains.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Avengers is still the best comic book movie of the year, and possibly the best comic book ever made. It's one of the few movies that I hid in the bathroom and then tried to get back in for the next showing.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, I didn't really like TDKR all that much.

*prepares to be flooded with death threats*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Too late. If you had a suicide wish, you really should have posted stuff like this last Friday.

I also found it odd that the admission was cheaper than the pseudo-IMAX featured in theater chains.

oh @&(#*@&#(@*#&@*&( !!!!!!!!!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The fighting was clunky. The movie was dark, intense. And in my view, it should never have been made. At least they spared us the gruesome back-breaking scene depicted in the comic. It wasn't as gruesome as that, but it was there. And there have been more disgusting movies than this by far. But at least those had low box-office takes.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read that issue of Knightfall last week in the bookstore (where Bats has his back broken). I had trouble even getting through it, it was a STUPID issue... neither the writer or the artist had any sense of how to tell a story so that it was emotionally engaging. I tried to skim through the rest of the issues in the book format and just found it really bad.

in that sense, I think the movie was better than the comic, at least for that particular scene. I'm not sure why you are calling the comic gruesome. Willingham's Elementals in the late 80's? Sure. Quitely's run on The Authority? Sure. Stracynzki's serial killer storyline in Supreme? Sure. Tons of stuff out there is gruesome. But not that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read that issue of Knightfall last week in the bookstore (where Bats has his back broken). I had trouble even getting through it, it was a STUPID issue... neither the writer or the artist had any sense of how to tell a story so that it was emotionally engaging. I tried to skim through the rest of the issues in the book format and just found it really bad.

in that sense, I think the movie was better than the comic, at least for that particular scene.

It is only a comic book, isn't it?

But even in that, they just don't make them like they used to.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree. Fables is damned good, and there's others out there nowadays.

Not sure about Batman, though.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree. Fables is damned good, and there's others out there nowadays.

Not sure about Batman, though.

I wouldn't know, I don't go near the damn things anymore. Not in at least 35 years. But what I've seen online didn't look very promising.

I suppose I should
this:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
The fighting was clunky. The movie was dark, intense. And in my view, it should never have been made. At least they spared us the gruesome back-breaking scene depicted in the comic. It wasn't as gruesome as that, but it was there. And there have been more disgusting movies than this by far. But at least those had low box-office takes.

My biggest issue was the film was that it really had nothing to do with Batman or anything really related to what I'd typically associate with a typical Batman adventure. Basically, the film just felt too..big? Like the cranked up the action sequences and the severity of the threat of the films' predecessor up times one-thousand, to the point to where it just felt silly and completely over Batman's head. Also, there was very little interconnectivity between the characters throughout most of the film, as if they tried to incorporate and compress so many different elements and avenues into a limited allotted time.

It's really hard for me to give specific examples without spoilers.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My biggest issue was the film was that it really had nothing to do with Batman or anything really related to what I'd typically associate with a typical Batman adventure. Basically, the film just felt too..big? Like the cranked up the action sequences and the severity of the threat of the films' predecessor up times one-thousand, to the point to where it just felt silly and completely over Batman's head. Also, there was very little interconnectivity between the characters throughout most of the film, as if they tried to incorporate and compress so many different elements and avenues into a limited allotted time.

I really couldn't get into it enough to make that kind of deep analysis.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think this entire thread is already full of spoilers, and not even using the SPOILER tag.

However, if you wish to post some with the tag, it's [ SPOILER ] spoiler here [ /SPOILER ] without the spaces.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Not really. not in the issue I saw.I've seen far far more graphic, as I've said, in many other comics. Unless you're an 8 year old kid, I guess.

Besides if it had been far more graphic in the movie, then it would have been even less believable when everything is fixed through what amounts to a chiropractic move.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP

Yes. This was my major problem with it as well.
This one dismissed many of the elements and themes which made the previous films subversive.
Also, the character of Bane and the "Knightfall" storyline are both cheap gimmicks.

It became another "popcorn flick", with a finale that tried to out-do Transformers 3.
I still enjoyed it for what it was, but it should have been much, much more.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really. not in the issue I saw.I've seen far far more graphic, as I've said, in many other comics. Unless you're an 8 year old kid, I guess.

Besides if it had been far more graphic in the movie, then it would have been even less believable when everything is fixed through what amounts to a chiropractic move.

Yes, it was a rather sloppy WWE kind of move. Not at all like this scene.
bane-breaks-batmans-back-rises.jpg

Maybe I am an 8 year old kid? Not really. If I was I'd still be reading this shit.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this entire thread is already full of spoilers, and not even using the SPOILER tag.

However, if you wish to post some with the tag, it's [ SPOILER ] spoiler here [ /SPOILER ] without the spaces.

I guess anybody who clicks on this thread should expect loads of spoilers.