User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't think that was Nolan's main message in the last film. Joker represented Chaos, and Batman order. Batman's "detective" skills were painted as going down a slippery slope.. resembling something akin to Homeland Security. Then towards the end, he's considered the Dark Knight and rides off running away from cops, like a criminal himself. The guy who bends the rules for the sake of order. I thought Nolan said more with all this than typical action movie shit.
    A Michael Bay action flick is more thoughtful than any of these Batman movies.
    At least they're honest with what they are. They're not fueled by sheer hypocrisy.

Batman doesn't need to think. Batman doesn't need to problem solve.
    He sure as hell doesn't need to cultivate any of those higher brain functions.
    Nor is he complex or chock full of neuroses; Batman isn't "crazy" or anything. No way.

Batman's purpose is to pummel the identifiable bad guys and blow that shit up REAL GOOD.
    Nolan has taken one of the great--and most complex--American icons and gone full Stallone.

This approach to the Batman mythos borders on modern movie cliche parody.
    Luckily, there are several exemplary performances within to blanket the mediocrity.

I love these movies. But they should've been better.

Hey,I like the trailor of Batman The Dark Knight Rises.I will definitely go for the first show of movie.I am waiting to see
    the next action of Christian Bale as Batman.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Tom Hardy, while smaller than Bane, was a perfect choice.

[YOUTUBE="KKC-FKGMeCY"]Bronson[/YOUTUBE]

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

There is no questioning the ability of Tom Hardy.
    Nonetheless, they could have picked a better villain. Bane isn't a headliner.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    A Michael Bay action flick is more thoughtful than any of these Batman movies.
    At least they're honest with what they are. They're not fueled by sheer hypocrisy.

Batman doesn't need to think. Batman doesn't need to problem solve.
    He sure as hell doesn't need to cultivate any of those higher brain functions.
    Nor is he complex or chock full of neuroses; Batman isn't "crazy" or anything. No way.

Batman's purpose is to pummel the identifiable bad guys and blow that shit up REAL GOOD.
    Nolan has taken one of the great--and most complex--American icons and gone full Stallone.

This approach to the Batman mythos borders on modern movie cliche parody.
    Luckily, there are several exemplary performances within to blanket the mediocrity.

I love these movies. But they should've been better.
    I'm actually fine with it as it is and found them very meaningful rather than "mediocre," but out of curiosity, what would you have changed? It sounds like you'd rather have more of a focus on the "detective" aspect of Batman's persona, for example. (I think they shunted a lot of the need for him to be a tech and chemical whiz off on the new Lucius Fox character.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm actually fine with it as it is and found them very meaningful rather than "mediocre," but out of curiosity, what would you have changed? It sounds like you'd rather have more of a focus on the "detective" aspect of Batman's persona, for example. (I think they shunted a lot of the need for him to be a tech and chemical whiz off on the new Lucius Fox character.)
    I will explain this once the movie is released.

I don't know. He made Scarecrow who was never a standout villain into something crucial to Batman's origins. I'm sure Bane represents something more than just being a meathead.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    I will explain this once the movie is released.
    Okay, thanks -- I'm all ears.
    We've got the spoiler tags here too, in case that helps.

I don't know. He made Scarecrow who was never a standout villain into something crucial to Batman's origins.
    I agree. And it's not like Nolan's not a thinker; his movies tend to be pretty intricate and full of connections, with nothing quite being what it seems on the surface. I think I've mentioned Insomnia (which he didn't do the script for, just filmed) was probably his weakest effort so far and that's not saying it was bad.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I don't know. He made Scarecrow who was never a standout villain into something crucial to Batman's origins. I'm sure Bane represents something more than just being a meathead.
    Pain.