User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Bane is very intelligent. But considering about 90% of Batman's foes are probably technically geniuses, so among the rogues gallery his IQ probably rounds out to about average (Riddler takes the top spot, probably Batman's only enemy who is definitely smarter than Batman is).
    What about Mr. Freeze?
    Where does he round out?

He completely pWns my ass in Arkham City.
    Jerk.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Bane is very intelligent. But considering about 90% of Batman's foes are probably technically geniuses, so among the rogues gallery his IQ probably rounds out to about average (Riddler takes the top spot, probably Batman's only enemy who is definitely smarter than Batman is).
    Bane figured out Batman's true identity, the Riddler didn't.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

It's not really hard to deduce Batman's identity.
    Not many of us have direct access or the funds to acquire futuristic Bat-jets that can fly into outer space.

But a good point, nonetheless.
    The Riddler has always been a bit of a wanker to me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Batman will die, but Bruce Wayne will live.
    I heard Bane will pull off Batman's head, proving once and for all that he is a robot, and club Bruce Wayne to death with it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    lAs for Hardy, he's from the Royal Shakespeare company. He made Wuthering Heights fucking cool. He gets compared more to Gary Oldman when he was young. Vin Diesel isn't even the same kind of actor.
    Speaking of Oldman, I love him as Commissioner Gordon. Considering the way he's chewed up the scenery in some of his movies, he does a very understated portrayal and comes off as just a really decent, average guy who does his best with what he has to work with. He's just very real and accessible.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Critic Faces Death Threads over Bad Dark Knight Rises Review.

As though I needed any more reason to hate this series.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

But is anyone really surprised?
    Also, lol:

Another commenter said he would like to beat Fine “with a thick rubber hose into a comma [sic].”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Bane figured out Batman's true identity, the Riddler didn't.
    Except that time he did (specifically, in Hush). Eventually Batman neutralized the threat by playing on Riddler's neuroses: Riddler could never willingly give away the answer to the greatest riddle of all. He might have gotten some kind of amnesia later, I don't remember.

Additionally, a lot of Batman's more intelligent villains don't have any interest in his real identity. To people like Freeze, Batman's a nuisance, not a goal. Others, like Scarecrow or Joker, don't actually care about who he is, they are only interested in the Batman as the Batman (in the Joker's case, he probably rightly asserts Batman is his true identity). Hugo Stange and Ra's Al Ghul are a couple other villains who know Batman's secret.

Bane's no dunce, though I do consider him a boring Batman villain thematically. Most others have some kind of clear point of reference that relate to the Batman's mind (to me, a lot of Batman's villains represent baggage, fears or insecurities he personally possesses, or in the Joker's case an absolute psychological shadow, even those that aren't that at least have empathetic and interesting motivations like Freeze or Harley Quinn), while Bane's just a pretty by the numbers bad guy.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

Well, from the article:

The site disabled user comments on reviews Tuesday after Christy Lemire of The Associated Press and Hollywood & Fine's Marshall Fine attracted negative and threatening comments.

Fine wrote in his review that "anyone forecasting serious Oscar love for this lumpish, tedious film has been smoking too much of that potent, prescription California weed."
    I can't say it was a concilatory review, by any means -- rather insulting for a movie no one has even seen (except for some critics) yet, and as inflammatory as beating hungry pitbulls over the head with meat hammers.

It's not like Fine didn't know what he was saying or the effect it would have on some, he seemed to go out of his way to be an ass.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, from the article:

I can't say it was a concilatory review, by any means -- rather insulting for a movie no one has even seen (except for some critics) yet, and as inflammatory as beating hungry pitbulls over the head with meat hammers.

It's not like Fine didn't know what he was saying or the effect it would have on some, he seemed to go out of his way to be an ass.
    What perverse logic would dictate that he ought to be conciliatory at all?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness