First 27353637

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    This has probably been said a hundred times, but the underlying story seemed like an apology for conservative antics (as if Batman's actions in the 2nd film weren't already illustrative of that.. ie the homeland security device that had him spying on citizens). It might be accurate to the comics though. What I didn't like is that Bane had a pretty cool message, but Nolan is trying to say people with messages like this are deceptive, and ultimately hiding a ticking timebomb somewhere to destroy all of society. The "hero" is the elitist richboy of status quo and order, who alone can keep the class structure in check. And at the end, he gets the hot lower class girl to boot.
    Or it could be that any ideology can be used to back evil acts, when it's a sick individual holding it. Would you rather Bane won, or that Batman were reimagined into another person entirely, from a different social class, etc?
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Or it could be that any ideology can be used to back evil acts, when it's a sick individual holding it. Would you rather Bane won, or that Batman were reimagined into another person entirely, from a different social class, etc?
    Well, class warfare turned out to be bullshit. It doesn't matter what class Batman came from. He's instantly put in the right, because Bane turns out to be tricking everyone. My gripe is more about the writing itself there. Not the story. The writer doesn't seem to be making a statement about anything Bane stands for, other than "people like this can't be trusted."

If Bane had actually stuck to making it about class, then yeah, I'd want him to win. Turns out it's just the League of Shadows. I guess their philosophy isn't class warfare, but thinking all civilization itself needs to be rewritten from the ground up. That's too extreme. I have no choice but to choose Batman. It's better than nothing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Well, class warfare turned out to be bullshit. It doesn't matter what class Batman came from. He's instantly put in the right, because Bane turns out to be tricking everyone. My gripe is more about the writing itself there. Not the story. The writer doesn't seem to be making a statement about anything Bane stands for, other than "people like this can't be trusted."

If Bane had actually stuck to making it about class, then yeah, I'd want him to win. Turns out it's just the League of Shadows. I guess their philosophy isn't class warfare, but thinking all civilization itself needs to be rewritten from the ground up. That's too extreme. I have no choice but to choose Batman. It's better than nothing.
    Gotcha. I understand that. Just looking for clarity. I realize my tone came across kind of confrontational, and that wasn't intentional.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window