First 243233343536 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Comics should come in soft copies rather than hard copies. That would make more sense. It's not like a book that has to be carried around since they are too short. Unless you are a collector. I believe most people who read comics are collectors? I could imagine myself as an comic collector if I was from the US or from a country which has better, cheaper and more variety of comic books to be accesses.
    When we use the word "collector" here, it refers to people who actually buy and bag comics in the same sense someone would collect stamps or coins or toys -- keeping them in as pristine condition as possible, to maintain the highest possible resale OR to simply be a "gotta have them all" type of collector.

That's not really "most" people here who buy comics. Some people just buy them to read. Also, the values on new comics really aren't conducive to collecting comics that would reach high values, because the material used to make the comics is much sturdier and there are also more produced. One reason older comics have high values (depending on the title) is because the paper was more fragile, fewer were printed, and there's been more time for them to be destroyed, lost, damaged, etc., leaving very few in good shape and in existence. When you print a few million of a particular issue on acid-free paper, and a bunch of people grab them, bag them, and store them, there's no way for there to be few of them in existence. So they are not worth much... i.e., not really worth collecting for "value," although you might collect them just in the sense that they are all chapters of a story, and you can't make sense of the story unless you read all the chapters.

The graphic novel/compilation has made huge instrides here in the US, there used to be few you could buy, and all of them were typically just either made to be graphic novels or they were compiled issues of limited run series (4-6 issue stories). Now you can go to the big bookstores and see 2-3 standing shelves full of them, because Marvel and DC have been released storylines from their long-running properties in book form; basically they own those storylines and issues, but for years weren't making money off them, but now people who were not alive when the comics came out want to read them, so they're publishing them as books. So now you don't even have to buy the old original issues anymore to see some of the better stories.

I absolutely loved the movie and loved the ending as well. I read a post of you in this thread that the ending was quite sad. Why so? I think the ending was brilliant? It would have been a classic though -
    I wouldn't use the word "sad" -- to me "sad" means "made me cry," which can be good or bad.

For me, the movie was not one of the better movies I saw all summer, and I already explained why in numerous posts in this thread. Lots of details that were inconsistent; predictability and convenience of plot; cliche ("look at me, I'm profound!") rather than unique depth; twists that you either knew about or were not properly telegraphed in the plot, which made them cheats....

... but ignoring any kind of analysis and just looking at personal satisfaction, I was disinterested and bored and have no interest in watching it again. That's never happened to me with a Nolan movie.

As far as your spoiler, why would that be unfair? That's what heroes do... and someone's going to reboot it anyway, in the next movie they make, so who cares? Like in comics, it wouldn't even count.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    I couldn't help but laugh whenever "Batman" showed up with that ridiculous growl of his.
    Batman is supposed to be extremely imposing. Christian just doesn't have that kind of presence.

Michael Keaton DEFINITELY had it. And he was short, balding and out-of-shape.
    I think it's the difference between a "boy" and a "man." Bale still is perceived just as an adult boy; Keaton for some reason comes off as a man. There are other actors I still have trouble seeing as "men" even though they are getting older now. Leonardo DiCaprio = boy, Hugh Jackman = man. Etc.

And since we're on the subject of Wolverine: Anybody remember Dark Claw from the mid-90s?
    Ha ha, yes -- totally remember that!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Riva

Surely if typc is gotham city @Ivy is the batman, @Haight is the mayor, @Jennifer is robin (when are you coming back jen?) And @salome is talia. @MacGuffin is the pink panther. No mac you are not the joker. You are the goofy pink panther.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Surely if typc is gotham city @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=2" target="_blank">Ivy</a> is the batman, @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=1" target="_blank">Haight</a> is the mayor, @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=7" target="_blank">Jennifer</a> is robin (when are you coming back jen?) And @salome is talia. @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=3" target="_blank">MacGuffin</a> is the pink panther. No mac you are not the joker. You are the goofy pink panther.
    I think id be Crazyquilt...or some other terrible lesser villain.

Actually no, id be the Music Meister from Batman the Brave and the Bold series:

Wish it allowed embedding and I wish I could find a full version of the first song.

Ok found a full version but its this....man miming it for some reason but the lyrics are great:

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ISTx

Why the hell would they do that? He's Robin...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Whatever. I'm just glad that we're done with this dour, humorless, unsettlingly authoritarian Batman series.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Just finished watching the blu-ray (which I picked up earlier).

Hey. It was on sale.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Just finished watching the blu-ray (which I picked up earlier).

Hey. It was on sale.
    Your bandwidth must be limited if you had to buy that turkey.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”