MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    No I don't follow the comics either.
    Yeah. This storyline began in 1971; it's been around and recycles and revisited for decades. It's pretty well-established.

If I ever do read comics I wish to read the Ultimate X-men.
    Whedon's run on The Astonishing X-men was pretty decent.

I've been keeping my eyes away from reading those theories/predictions. It was not easy to do so.
    Definitely. I was avoiding movie sites and web sites (or at least being careful where my eyes went) for weeks before the movie was released.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I'm also probably the only one who really liked Bane as a villain--mask and voice, balls-out physical fighting style, all of it.
    Rewatched the one with The Joker a few days ago. I've decided that Nolan's Batman is lame (his Bruce Wayne does not make a good 'pretend narcissistic playboy,' at all) but his villains are top-notch.

For some reason, one of my favorite lines from the whole series is Heath Ledger's delivery of one particular sardonic and mockingly awkward "Hi," I think directed toward a mob dude. To have something like that stick out is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wait, when did Wolverine take over the Batman mantle?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I haven't read comic books in years, and I stuck to Marvel, so unless I see it on some animated series or encounter it in a video game, I doubt I'll know anything about some comic book storyline.

I avoid movie spoilers as well.

Banned
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    hot
    Socionics
    body

I downloaded a bootleg copy of the movie.
    It was pretty good but about 15 mins into the movie the camera man gets shot.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ricin View Post
    Dick.

Banned
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    hot
    Socionics
    body

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Dick.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Rewatched the one with The Joker a few days ago. I've decided that Nolan's Batman is lame (his Bruce Wayne does not make a good 'pretend narcissistic playboy,' at all) but his villains are top-notch.
    Yes. I mean, we've had some reall bad Batmans. I don't think Bale's "bad." But that's one problem with Bale for this role, he doesn't bring something (not sure how to define it) to the role.

For some reason, one of my favorite lines from the whole series is Heath Ledger's delivery of one particular sardonic and mockingly awkward "Hi," I think directed toward a mob dude. To have something like that stick out is just amazing.
    Honestly. His death really didn't change the fact that Ledger just owned the role as Nolan set it up for that movie, there's a reason why some of his lines (inflection and all) have become part of the public vernacular.

Wait, when did Wolverine take over the Batman mantle?
    So you noticed too that they ripped off Bats mask to do Wolvie's?

His first appearance was in Hulk but the face mask was different. I'm not sure whether it was Cockrum's or Byrne's Wolvie that suddenly switched over the Bats style mask... I think Byrne really locked it in though (sometime in '77?).

Quote Originally Posted by Ricin View Post
    I thought it was more like 30.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I avoid movie spoilers as well.
    This is all you need to know:
    http://www.elyrics.net/read/m/mc-fro...rt-lyrics.html

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Yes. I mean, we've had some reall bad Batmans. I don't think Bale's "bad." But that's one problem with Bale for this role, he doesn't bring something (not sure how to define it) to the role.
    I couldn't help but laugh whenever "Batman" showed up with that ridiculous growl of his.
    Batman is supposed to be extremely imposing. Christian just doesn't have that kind of presence.

Michael Keaton DEFINITELY had it. And he was short, balding and out-of-shape.

And since we're on the subject of Wolverine: Anybody remember Dark Claw from the mid-90s?

He was a Batman/Wolverine hybrid during the DC vs. Marvel crossover.
    B.A.

Riva

Yeah. This storyline began in 1971; it's been around and recycles and revisited for decades. It's pretty well-established.

Whedon's run on The Astonishing X-men was pretty decent.

Definitely. I was avoiding movie sites and web sites (or at least being careful where my eyes went) for weeks before the movie was released.
    I knew this person at high-school who would spoil us of surprises. No one laughed at him. Son of a bitch!

Comics should come in soft copies rather than hard copies. That would make more sense. It's not like a book that has to be carried around since they are too short. Unless you are a collector. I believe most people who read comics are collectors? I could imagine myself as an comic collector if I was from the US or from a country which has better, cheaper and more variety of comic books to be accesses.

Then again I would get laid much too often to be concerned about comic serieses. Holding on to comics could be a way to holding on to one's childhood in a way. So I guess I'll still be a fan.

I absolutely loved the movie and loved the ending as well. I read a post of you in this thread that the ending was quite sad. Why so? I think the ending was brilliant? It would have been a classic though -