User Tag List

First 212930313233 Last

CHRISTIAN BALE

You're fired. But if the doorbell rings, I still expect you to answer it.

----

TOM HARDY

Transhfer all of thish money to a thing. It will take eight minutesh, which I mention only to create a continuity problem when we transhition from day to night in that shpan of time.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Hilarious.

GOTHAM completely falls apart, so much so that it starts to look almost exactly like NEW YORK from a distance and PITTSBURGH up close.
    This is what took me out of the movie more than anything else.

BAT-BALE

Alright everyone, we have to move quickly because I kind of wasted three hours drawing a bat made out of fire on the bridge.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

BAT-BALE

Look everyone, it's everyone's favorite masked crimefighter who broods about his dead parents and refuses to use guns!

BAT-BALE immediately uses a GUN made of LIGHT BULBS.

garbage

Uhm

I'm also probably the only one who really liked Bane as a villain--mask and voice, balls-out physical fighting style, all of it.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I personally liked Spider-Man 3 more.
    At least that movie had a soul.

It was aware of what it was and didn't aspire to be pop-art and fumble the ball.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

@bologna: lol at your spoiler, about Harry from Spiderman 3. Yeah.

And yeah, you would have only really seen the "twist" coming if you knew the comic book mythology and were aware of this person's existence in the comic... then you could say, "Hmm.... I wonder...." and figure it out. Otherwise it was a lame twist and disappointing coming from Nolan. Compare it to The Prestige, where there were a few twists as well... but each was laboriously telegraphed, and after the first viewing, you could go back through the movie and see how the twists were right in front of your face the entire time, except you "weren't looking closely yet". Everything was there, so the twists were not a cheat.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    I personally liked Spider-Man 3 more.
    At least that movie had a soul.
    I consider the Spiderman that came out this summer to be more enjoyable that TDKR was for me. At least I'll be watching the former again.

SM3 wasn't too bad, but casting Topher Grace as venom? Ick. I tolerated Thomas Haden Church as Sandman -- and it was kind of wild (and eerie) to see him get stripped down to his molecules and then try to reincorporate himself and move around.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I suspected something, but didn't know the comics history. I obviously didn't know the who and what, but something didn't sit right with her...

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    And yeah, you would have only really seen the "twist" coming if you knew the comic book mythology and were aware of this person's existence in the comic... then you could say, "Hmm.... I wonder...." and figure it out.
    Fans had been speculating about Talia from the initial casting of Marion Cortillard.
    There were also leaked spy pics of her walking out of City Hall with the League of Shadows in tow.

She publicly denied playing her several months before release. Lazy filmmaking all around.